Chapter 17

MUKTA

I was shocked!!!
I turned around seeing his hard expressions shooting me in the eye and I looked at him asking...
'Whattttt???' and he took a step closer to me and said...

'Seems like you LOVED the company of your new BUDDIES!!!' he said spitting fire...

What is his problem???
I don't even know them well. They were just trying to do small talks with me...and here he is asking me if I am missing their company???
What does that even mean!!!

I huffed and folded my hands against my chest asking...
'Mr Omkar Nayak!!! I was just talking to them because they were Prarthana's friends and were casually asking me about my career!!! And like any other person in this wedding I was just trying to converse!!!'

While he took another step closer to me and bent closer to my face and asked...
'Really??? In the crowd of 1800 people you only found these two idiots to 'casually' discuss your career aspirations is it??? What are they some career counsellors???' he asked raising an eyebrow and now I was really getting angry...

'What are you trying to imply over here now Omkar??? Can't I talk to these guys ..they were sweet to m'

'Theyyyyyy... Are my employees Mukta!!! Just my employees...it is not cool for you to discuss your so called job aspirations with them!!!' and I was pissed now...

I took a step closer and asked...
'Why so???'

While he took one long step almost closing the gap between us and bent to my face while his hot breath fanned against my face!!!

My breath hitched for a brief interval and I stopped exhaling!!!
I swallowed a lump that was stuck in my throat while he looked deep into my eyes and said...

'I don't like when people try to eye on what's mine!!!'.

At that 'mine' I had goosebumps erupt all over my body. My lips parted and my eyes faulted towards the green grass on the ground while he cleared his throat adding..

'Ahhhemmm my guest!!! You...are my guest and my responsibility as well Mukta and I cannot risk you around these folks... although I know them for years...I still don't know them so personally that I let you be with them' he said and suddenly it pissed me off...

'And who do you think you are to let me be with people!!! I am not a kid Omkar!!! Just because I stay in your house I don't become your responsibility. And hunnn... whatever job you announced to Sameer and Karthik...you didn't even ask me once before telling them I'm joining there...who do you think you are??? You cannot rule over me Mr. Omkar Nayak!!! And if you think just because I'm staying here at your place you can treat me the way you like .. talk to me the way you like...I'm sorry... that's not how it works with me...Mukta Joshi is all about self respect and I would never let that go away for anything!!! I am not taking up the job you announced I would be working for!!! Get it???' saying I was about to leave while I suddenly felt a strong pull on my wrist. In one go I was been pulled into a hard chest!!!

My heart was in my mouth as my bosoms were pressed hard against his beastly chest and I came in contact with his brownish black eyes which were a shade darker now. His pupils were dilated and I felt my heart thundering in my chest.

'No one disobeys me and leaves me just like that baby girl!!!' he says as his eyes linger around my eyes and my lips and I forget to breathe this very minute.

'You are working with me!!! In my organization!!!' he says in a challenging tone as I'm still shivering as I feel the heat of his body against mine...

'And what if I deny???' I try asking in a challenging tone too... however which sounds pretty meek to me...why am I so nervous!!! His proximity affects me so badly!!!