Chapter 26

OMKAR

I know Mangalore is a pretty much humid place!!! But right now the heat in the living room of my house was such that even a tub full of ice cannot cool it!!!

My grandmother fuming while still sitting on the sofa chair, my parents sitting with their hands on their head, Sanskriti and Shivansh biting their nails, Rudra and Pattu still trying to digest whatever they had got to know and Mukta glaring at Fari with a deep emotion enough to kill Fari right now.

Damn that girl!

'I am sorry everyone...I was worried for Mukta. I thought she escaped the marriage...I was shocked when I got to know Mukta is still living with Omkar' Fari tried convincing

While my mother spoke up...
'Its ok dear...not your fault...look at us, we didn't even know that our son got married!!!' while my father huffed.

'You hid such a big thing from us Omkar? Like you got married to a girl 3 months ago...like you really lived with this girl under the same roof and didn't bother telling us that you both are married???

What was it Omkar? You thought we wouldn't accept a intercaste marriage? You know we were ok with Panchami for your happiness...you think we wouldn't have accepted Mukta??? You disappointed us Omkar...' saying my grandmother added while I could feel Mukta's eyes on me.

I know the Panchami chapter would definitely be something which we will discuss soon...

'Omkar last time your choice was wrong but this time you are blessed... that's why I was against you last time but this time I would have happily stood by your side...Mukta is a gem' my father spoke up caressing Mukta's head and we both were shocked.

I wanted to explain the consequences but no one was giving me an opportunity.

'But Fari how did you reach Nayak Nivas?' Rudra queried while...even I was curious this girl had created a huge mess right now!!!

'Once my granny was ok I started reaching Mukta but her number was never reachable'

Shit!!! Why didn't I think once before changing her number.
There were security concerns after the Kaya-Harry incident!!! Stop blaming yourself O.K!!! My mind repeated.

'I went back to village and got to know Mukta is married and is now called as Jalebi Omkar Nayak!!! And she lives in Mangalore'

I cringed at that name while Mukta grinded her teeth shooting me a glare...

'Mukku...I really didn't know why did you choose Jalebi name after marriage...you had any issues with Mukku as well!!!' Fari chipped in...while Pattu added...

'Ofcourse I mean... Jalebi is still ok... what is a Mukku...right Dad...no regular doraemon fan likes that name?' she asked my father and he an ardent 'Pattu fan' jumped in saying...

'Ofcourse! I don't like Gian anyways...I would be ok even if it was Doremi...it's cute!!!'

I looked at my father!!! Who is Doremi???

'Obvio...Mukku is Gian's dog's name...look at her she's so pretty...I'll call her Shizuka Vanni...it's so perfect for her...' while my mother yet another brand new doraemon fan added...

'Woow so what my Omkar can never be Nobita except for the fact that he's also a lazy ass!!! I mean who washes jeans once in a month!!! Ewwww'

I saw Mukta making a face and I was annoyed now...

'What is your problem Amma...I like wearing jeans which fit me well...once I wash it, it shrinks and I loose the comfort and anyways... everyone knows I wear it only when I'm out!!!' to which my mother rolled her eyes saying...