Chapter 30

MUKTA

I felt like someone was squeezing my heart with their bare hands. Standing right now infront of the mirror in the ladies restroom I took a look at my face and eyes which had gone red. My tears weren't stopping. I went on splashing water on my face non stop but the tears that kept pouring from my eyes didn't stop. I felt like something was choking me in my chest. Like a sphere piercing through my heart. I collapsed at once being unable to breathe.

I still couldn't digest what I saw few minutes ago. Everything looked so dreamy till today morning because I woke up to a fragrant morning of Omkar's perfume, followed by his body wash that made me feel at home in the washroom. My suitcase now in his bedroom made me feel I am where I belong to. Everything else looked like a lie.

When Pattu and Gauri Aai came to my room with different pairs of sarees and jewelleries asking me to choose what to wear I was left speechless. But I was a thorough professional. I am still on my probation period and that means I cannot take a day off just like that and anyways I had begun to enjoy my boss's company now. His small gestures, his proximity, his care, his touch...I had lost it all. I couldn't stay away from him, so I asked my mother in law to choose what's best for me and left to the company only for a small crowd to have accumulated infront of Omkar's cabin and then what I saw broke me from within.

Manisha kept crying in Kalindi's arms, with torn clothes, bleeding head and lips and was shivering while Omkar kept explaining he did not do anything. That's when I grasped what Manisha had claimed. No girl would claim something that serious, just like that.

And the next minute here I was in the washroom trying to console my broken soul. I felt miserable.

Author's POV:

The HR head with the anti-harrasment cell head Kranti Tantri was sitting in meeting room which now had Omkar, Manisha along with a Kalindi because Manisha was shivering and no one thought it's right to let Manisha stay alone where as Omkar was not even reacting. He kept staring in a blank space.

Rudra was informed about the incident. The board of directors had demanded a immediate resignation from Omkar before going ahead with the investigation. Omkar however looked too mechanical. Neither did he speak a word nor tried explaining. His heart was turning into a stone since he saw those accusing eyes of hers. He wasn't himself!

'The CCTV cameras are not working since a week and the maintenance department was in the progress of fixing them' shouted a Tantri for the dumb explanation that the maintenance department's carelessness.

'How are we going to prove Omkar's innocence' Tantri shouted while Manisha stood up shouted..

'You think my wounds and tears are a lie?'

To which Tantri gave her a plain look she said...
'No it's just that Omkar's pain looks real... Above all I trust him...I know him!' he said at once however Omkar looked like he was least interested or even bothered about the discussion happening there.

'Well I think we have to inform the police department...let's keep the matter under the wraps...but everybody in the board wants Omkar to resign' said the HR head.

While a booming voice hit everyone's ears...
'Mr Omkar Nayak won't resign!!!' and everyone froze.

The first time Omkar turned around to see the owner of that voice and there stood his reflection, his shadow, his mini version, his brother Rudra.

Everyone kept staring at Rudra who walked in swiftly and stood next to Omkar. He bent to Omkar's level to look into his eyes. Something badly ached in his chest seeing his brother in that miserable condition.