Chapter 10.

Celine got off the car. The teacher walked a bit farther from the car and Celine followed.

'You seem worried. Is everything alright?' Celine asked.

'Well, I don't know how to say this.' she replied.

'Why? what happened?'

'I got a call, like a few minutes ago from the police, informing the school about an accident. Maria's parents got into an accident, on on-street no .8 near an office building.'

As those words entered Celine's ears, she was instantly shocked and confused. Richard's office building was also on street no 8. The thought of it being the same accident Richard just talked about scared her.

'Are her parents fine?' Celine asked worriedly.

'They died on spot.' she said and lowered her head. The words pounded Celine's heart.

'oh god!' she exclaimed in a low tone. 'That shouldn't have happened. May they rest in peace.'

'I'll get going then, handle her calmly, she's always been a sensitive child.' the teacher said and left.

Celine rushed into the car and tried to maintain a happy face.

'What was the matter?' Richard asked.

'Umm...I'll tell you later. I wanted to ask, now that the forensic team has checked the house, can I go back to my house?' Celine asked.

'Yeah, I guess you can. Don't tell me you are planning to take Maria with you?'

'How do you know that? So you know about the...?'

'Well, when you got off the car, I got a call from my assistant. He told me whose accident was it. I told MARIA.' He replied in a low tone.

'You told?' Celine exclaimed and looked back at the passenger seat. Maria was sitting sinking her head between her arms. Some quiet yet wailing sound could be heard. Her silent cry pounded their hearts. Celine kept quiet and didn't speak to her as she knew she is not in a state to talk, no one can console her but herself.

'Does she have a sibling?' Celine asked Richard.

'No, I don't think so. Can you handle her? Why don't we hand over her to her relatives?' He asked.

'Lower your voice.' she said. 'I'll take her in for a day or two, till we can completely contact her relatives. At least for today, I'll keep.' she said,

'Your wish. Let me drop you.'

'No, you go, I'll take her with me.' Celine replied and opened the car door.

Richard caught her wrist to stop her. 'Wait.' he said and quickly left her wrist hesitatingly. 'Maria is already crying, let me drop.'

'Hmm.'

Richard drove off. There was a silence in the car. Maria couldn't stop crying. The wailing never stopped. At some moments, there was silence, some times she wailed. It was painful for her, it was painful to feel her. At this moment, silence spoke louder than words. No words could console.

Celine's house came, she got off the car and opened the door for the back seat. She asked Maria to come out of the car gently. Maria wiped her face and came out quietly.

'I'll get going then. Take care.' He said as she closed the car door.
She forced a smile and walked towards her house, he drove off.

Celine unlocked the door of her house and switched on the lights. She asked Maria to sit on the sofa beside the door. She silently sat. Her silence was troublesome.