Chapter 36.

'Did he see me?' Celine questioned, worrying. 

'Probably no, you covered in time, didn't you?'  

She nodded.  'I did, but I have a feeling he saw my face. ' she said in a gloomy voice. 

'I hope he didn't, even if he did, the time period wasn't enough to recognize, people know your name, no one has yet clearly seen your face.' 

'Right.' 

A low sound of light footsteps enter their ears, it was not theirs, but of someone behind. Could someone be following them? The thought approached their mind, letting the fear of being caught crawl in. At an instant, they stopped, the voice of footsteps seem to vanish away. With silent steps, Richard turned around and so did Celine. No man was visible to their eyes, but as expected, tip of black leathered shoes, from behind the pillar in between the black railing could be seen. The pillars were at certain distances in between the railings, breaking of railings. It was quite understandable the guy was already suspicious of them but is not quite experienced in terms of following or in secretive work. Celine looked at Richard at sight of the shoes. Ahead was a single step stair leading down the bridge. He grabbed her palm  tightly and with as silent steps possible, they got down the bridge, knelt towards the wall below the railing, right near the staircase knelt Richard, in front of him, Celine knelt. Momentarily, the yard was empty,  they waited for the guy to pass as early. 

John peeped from behind the pillar, at first he did plan on following them, but maybe he really is not good at hiding or following, he thought. He only knows to walk with pride, alone or in public, that's the only thing he had learned from his father and he likes that. They did realized that he was following, he wondered, and also managed to hid themselves. Although he knows they must have got down the bridge, but what's the need to follow when they have the same destination as his, he wondered. If they are going to the Hall of Blossoms, as the bridge leads, he'll find them there. He came out from behind the pillar and walked his way, letting them first take their way.

Celine's eyes followed John walking away, she leaned further, as her eyes kept following, she knelt nearer towards Richard's shoulder. 

'He's gone.' he whispered into her ears, his ears turning red, his heart racing  faster.

The slow whisper, skipped her beat and she leaned back at the instant, looking back at him, he stared back at her, into her green eyes, racing her heart beat. 

He smiled at her, 'Let's go.' She nodded.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

With their disguise on themselves they easily made it through the bridge, the bridge was almost empty throughout, as all the guards, ministers and officials were busy welcoming the people from Grandelle. With silent steps, and hoods down, constant speed, they walked. People walked across the yards, for one or the other work, the early arrival seemingly panicked the palace, they really did seem unprepared but can Noah really be unprepared? 

John walked pass the gate of Hall of Blossoms, the Hall was empty, except the guards roaming, patrolling on every corner. Use of power was not allowed in the Hall of Blossoms as Noah cannot perform and also for safety, the Hall has similar barriers as those on the gates of palace and the forests. 

John took a step in, stepping on the grass of the yard, walking further, his steps furthered across the yards, passing though the shelter set in between the two yards, the shelter was of black marble, shining, he reached the front corridor extending towards west and east. As he stepped in the corridor, few guards patrolling across the yard stared at him with a confused look on their faces. His intention and their stares, sweated him, rolling down his head, his steps paced at a faster speed. Taking the step towards the east side of the corridor, at its right it had the gold colored railing while at the left was the wall, and gates, usually opened gates, covered by georgette black colored curtains, leading to different named and unnamed chambers. At about seven steps was a chamber, with gold colored gate wide opened, covered with georgette curtains, it was Noah's study, John was well aware. He took a step towards his left, the right guard guarding the study extended his left arm while the one guarding at the left extended his right arm, stopping him at once, also his beat for the moment. Does his father suspect him? the thought approached his mind, suddenly.