Chapter 13.

'You okay?' Richard asked while he took a deep breath.

'Sort of.' she replied and nodded. 'Well, why did you come at this hour? I mean did you know something?' Celine asked curiously. He remained silent.

Richard's eyes rolled on the tip of the knife. Its blade was huge and sharp. Looking at it still made him uneasy. As his eyes rolled on Celine, his stare wasn't sharp, there was gentleness and relief in his eyes. The cold wind blew away. The night became warmer.

He lowered his eyesight and so did Celine.

'You seem tired, want to have some water?' Celine asked.

'Yeah, sure.' he replied.

'You can come in, don't stand out, the weather seems to be cold.' she said and went in. Richard stepped in and closed the door. There was no one on the floor. He sat on the sofa. Celine brought the glass of water and sat on the sofa adjacent to it. She kept the glass of water on the table. He took the glass and gulped in some.

'SO, What happened?' Richard asked.

'What should I tell? The reason just vanished out of nowhere.' she replied gloomily.

'So, everything happened because of Maria then?'

'Do you know something?'

'Well, some really strange things happened which made me doubt Maria's identity.' he replied deepening his breath.

'Like what?'

'I asked my assistant to find out about her relatives and her. Well, when I got home, I got a call from my assistant telling me that the couple who had the accident had no child, so Maria wasn't their daughter. When I asked him to find out who her parents she turned out to be not a registered citizen. Like there was no info about her. My mobile logs had no record of a call from my assistant which I got this afternoon telling their daughter was Maria.' he explained.

'OH.' she exclaimed, nodding

'I understood something must be wrong with Maria.' he said. 'How did you manage everything? I mean you still don't know how to use your powers so how did you...?'

Celine showed her rings.

'Are these.....you shot the blades?' he asked surprised.

'Yup! My father had these blades, I found these in his room. When I felt she was behaving a bit abnormal, I went to find something for like self-defence, I found these in his cupboard, they were hidden in a secretive spot.'

'Cool. We, especially you have to be careful. Meeting Maria was a plan, not an accident.' he said.

'Hmm... They can control our time. After, I didn't get shot by those blades, when they tried to attack, they must have sent her to my past.' she said and paused for a while. Her words solved many puzzles.

'I get it! She used to sit beside my table regularly on purpose.' She said, trying to clarify the situation to herself.

'You were supposed to notice her so that when we will be in need of witness, you'll go to her and with chance, she'll try to... Damn! This is wrong.' he said and got up from the sofa. He walked towards the main door and pulled the knife out. He kept the knife on the table and sat on the sofa. He took a small black box out of the pocket of his black shirt. As he opened the box, there were numerous needles inside.

'What are these?' She asked.

'Silver needles.' he replied. He took one of the needles out and let the tip of the needle touch the blade of the knife. The needle turned black.