Chapter 30.

The road seem empty with huge trees on each side. The speed of the horse calmed, as they reached an empty, unknown road. The road appeared endless, it extended forever, never ending. 'Where are we?' questioned Celine rolling her eyeballs on the sides of the roads.

Richard observed the place, his eyes carefully analyzing. 'I have no idea.'

'We do need to get out of here, what if this road leads out of the city?'

'We cannot say anything about it. Why don't we stop here?' he asked. Celine furrowed her brows, rolling her eyeballs at her shoulder. 'You mean here?'

'Sooner or later, they'll catch up to us if we keep running. We need to hide.' He stretched his arms surrounding her waist, he pulled the bridle with slight force and the horse stopped slowly. Richard left the bridle as the horse stopped and hopped off the horse, so did Celine. With silent steps, he walked towards the trees on the left side.

'Where are you going?' Celine questioned as she was confused on seeing him walk towards the dark, huge trees.

'To a safe place.' he stopped and faced her. 'Come.' Celine raised an eyebrow. 'There...'

'They might catch up on us any minute.' he peeped in between the trees, it was dark, a very dark forest. 'This might be a safer place to hide.'

Celine deepened her breath. Might be a good idea, she thought. 'Okay.'

Richard and Celine, steps in between the trees and walked in the forest, only moonlight was the light visible to their eyes, it was a highly canopied forest, only branches hanging from the trees were visible, covering the navy sky. As the night grew deeper, the silence rang in their ears, the sounds of dry leaves crackling was the only real sound approaching their ears. The darkness almost blinded them, as now even the moonlight decided to abandon them. Richard's palm searched for Celine's palm, as his fingers touched hers, he held her palm. 'How deeper are we going to go?' 

'Deep enough to call it safe.' he replied with a whisper.

'Let's just stop, we can get lost or may be we are.' she suggested. He looked around, all he could see was the grey and black scenery, the grey background, the blackened leaves, at least they appeared to be because of the dark. 'Alright, if you say so.' he said softly. All their eyes can see were dark figures of huge trees, they decided to spend the night under it, in such a dark forest, there's a good possibility that they might not be able to find them. They walked towards a tree at their right and sat under it crouching.

'You okay?' she asked softly. He nodded. 'I guess. '

'Sorry for putting you through this.' she said as she stared at the dark soil under her feet. He rolled her eyeballs at her and sighed deeply. 'Why do you say such things to me? Huh?' She looked back at him, staring into his golden brown eyes. 'Don't you blame me, for all that has happened?' her voice sounded gloomy as she deepened her breath. 

'Why would I?' 

'It was me, because of me James died, I lead you to too many dangers.' Her lips shivered as she spoke, her eyes filled with tears, slowly rolling down. 

'Don't blame yourself.' he replied. 'If there's someone to blame, it can only be the emperor of Floraelle.'  She nodded as her tears fall down on the soil penetrating in. He stared at her crying, breaking every moment harder, seeing her every tear fall onto the soil, he deepened his breath, stood on his knees and hugged her lightly. 'You can't cry like this anymore, there's an entire world waiting for you, outside this world.' 

'To find me guilty, they surely are!' she frowned. He removed his arms, surrounding her and stared right into her green eyes. 'What about me? I'm waiting too.' She rolled her eyeballs at him, silence echoed, time stood still, as she stared into his golden brown eyes, they felt warm, cold wind blew calmly through her dark brown hairs. 

From the side of her eye, she noticed two figures of men, approaching towards them, one sided swords, sabers, held tight in their palms. Her eyes widened, seeing her distracted, he turned around. 'How?!' he whispered to himself. They stood up instantly and started to walk deeper into the forest, speedily.  With every step taking forward, they could see the figure, at a distance still approaching them, maybe they weren't yet able to them, yet they were still approaching, maybe finding them. They fastened their speed with every step, dry leaves cracked, their foots collided with small wood logs, fallen branches, restricting their speed. As they continued to walk, Richard's shoes step on a metallic piece, a huge metallic piece. He stopped instantly and so did Celine. They bent on their knees, he embraced his hand on the metal, a popped out metal reached his palm, seem to be some sort of handle. He tightened his palm on it and tries pulling it with a slighter force, it opened slightly, a ray of light escaped from the tiny opening. Celine stepped back from it and stood on the ground, allowing it to open. Richard pulled the handle with a greater force, standing with bent knees, the metal piece lifted, revealing a huge duct, a lightened square shaped duct. There was a ladder leading inside to deeper land. Celine turned back, the figure of men appeared to be quite nearer. 'Should we?'

'Seems like the best option.' he whispered. 'Go in.' Celine nodded and through ladder she stepped in deeper, Richard followed, stepping on the ladder, he stretched his arm to get the grip of the handle on the inside, he pulled it and stepped down the ladder. It seem like a secret passage leading somewhere. As they stepped on the ground, to their left was a mediocre sized black colored gate. Celine pushed the gate with slight force to check whether the gate is unlocked. It appeared movable, might be unlocked. She looked at Richard and he stared back at her, he took a deep breath and pushed the gate slowly, the door creaked, it seem to be made of iron metal. As the door opened, a huge hall revealed itself. As they took a step in, the hall appeared huge, with lower ceilings, sandy floors and brown sandy walls. There were many wooden tables and chairs, didn't appear to be comfortable. Out of all, there were many people inside, all in the darkest shade of green, appearing to black, yet shone green. The wore huge green cloaks. Golden face of eagle were embroidered on the left side of some cloaks. 

Their eyes widened at the view, are they probably at the wrong place? Floralle guards are surrounding them? But they are still not wearing black? Is that suppose to matter? All the men were staring at them with suspicious dangerous eyes. All they could see was doom standing in front of them. Their heart beat was racing speedily. A man with the eagle's face on his cloak, walked towards them and dragged his saber out of its case, pointing its end towards them. Richard steadied his palm on his bullet gun, for just in case.  'Who are you?' he questioned, his voice was heavy and husky. 

'Who are we?' Richard chuckled. 'You don't know?' 

'You people are probably not from Floralle, are you?' Celine questioned. 

'Too slow.' The man replied. He had jet black hairs, dark brown eyes, square shaped face and a black rough beard.  Richard frowned. 'If you are not from Floralle then why don't you keep your saber out of our sight, that will be comfortable.' he said. 

'People from Floralle wants to kill you?' he asked raising his black thick right eyebrow.

'Why?' Celine questioned. 'Why do you want to know?' 

'Perhaps, I can help.' 

'Why will you?' Richard asked.

'You both ask too many questions, fortunately we can answer, once you answer us.'  Richard looked at Celine, she stared back, wondering what to do? They are not from Floralle anyway, all seem to be in green, maybe from some other kingdom. 

'We're mutual.' Celine spoke. 

'Are you the guys firing metal pieces on Floralle streets?' he asked with a smile approaching his lips. Richard furrowed his brows. 'If, so?' 

The man lowered his saber and kept it inside his case, the metal clanged loudly. 'So, you guys are really those guys.' he chuckled.

'Who are you people?' Celine asked. 

'This color and this symbol.' he said pointing at the golden face of eagle embroidered at his cloak. 'Speaks for Grandelle.' Richard widened his eyes, Grandelle. 

'Why did you told us that easily?' Celine asked suspiciously. 

'We are serving the same purpose as you are.'