Chapter 26.

In a marble bowl, Stephan poured boiling water from a kettle. He picked a wooden box kept on the circular marbled table. Inside the box, was a brown colored spherical pill. His fingers embraced, while his eyes observed, he let the pill dissolve in the boiling water. As the pill dissolved, he forwarded it to Noah, seated on his royal bed.

Noah grabbed the bowl and slurped the drink.

'Your Majesty.' Stephan said. 'This pill shall enhance your blood capacity.'

'It has been years, no medicine, no corpse cured my disease.' he sighed.

'Yet you're among the most powerful leaders.' Stephan flattered Noah.

'I should be the only powerful, why among?' he glared, Stephan lowered his eyeballs. With shivering veins he knelt. 'My fault, indeed you're the most powerful.'

Noah frowned. 'Let it be. Tell me the situation of Grandelle.'

'Five states of Grandelle are ready to rebel their kingdom, their governors agreed to form the alliance but...'

'But?'

'After you win the battle, they need a honorable position in the court.'

'That's easy.' he smirked.

'There is no vacant seat in the court, your Majesty.'

'We'll remove the good ones.'

'Good ones?'

'Under me, all shall be inferior to me.' Noah slurped the drink again and closed his eyes.

'Without the armies from those five states, they still have a strong army and good morale, quite motivated to defeat.'

'Motivation is a dream, it shows you various scenarios, builds your faith but dreams shatter once you see the reality, same is for motivation.' he smiled devilishly. 'Seems like they are still mourning for their four states. How many years has it been?'

'Three years, your Majesty.'

He gulped in the last sip of the drink.

'Any information on Damon's daughter?'

'I mistook someone else's face to be hers, not sure if I have really mistook or was it really her.'

'Where?'

'At James's place.'

'This day was supposed to come. Till midnight, the place shall not exist.'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The sun was bright, flashing its bright rays. It was almost afternoon. Celine's eyes opened, she was inside the room on the bed. The pillow cover was slightly wet, she didn't remember when she fell asleep, maybe she was too exhausted and tired. She slowly sat, wondering what time it was, maybe she slept for too long. She looked around, there was no clock inside. She got up from the bed and walked outside the room. Beside her room was room no. 3, she knocked on the door. 'Richard! You awake?' There was no response. She knocked again, the door moved slightly. She held the handle and slowly opened the door, the door creaked. The room approached her sight, seem to be empty. She stepped in with silent steps. 'Richard...'

Inside, he was sleeping very soundly. Is he deaf? She wondered. She knocked, still he didn't wake. Must be tired. With silent steps, she walked towards the bed, trying not to wake him up. She knelt beside his bedside. He was still asleep. As she gazed at his face, it was not the very first time for her to realize how handsome he was, he had a sharp jawline, dark brown hairs, a pointed nose. They really have come a long way together, she wondered. To think, they both are suffering the same, he knows who killed his mother, probably cannot find. She also knows because of who has her father died, not exactly possible to avenge or to even reach. He has always helped her or stood beside her, hasn't he? She thought. Having a partner seems to be really helpful. From the day he knew who she really was, he wasn't only a lawyer, he has played many more roles, he shared her burden, shouldn't she do the same?