Chapter 28.

Noah, was sitting calmly on his luxurious couch, playing chess with the spirits of enemies as opponents. Putting an effort to have a control over his enemies or say his target, he played both sides. Trying his best to defeat himself and yet he won, he won over himself. A smile approached his lips, a devilish smile filled with pride. A royal guard entered disturbing him, he bent on his one knee.

'Your Majesty, Official Stephan wants to meet you.'

He looked at the sand clock kept beside the chess board with a confused mind, as the sand continued to drop, its pace relieved him, as if telling him what he was about to hear from Stephan.

'Let him in.'

Stephan walked in with a proud face, head high, eyeballs staring at the ground. Noah stood up as Stephan entered, he bent on his one knee, resting his right palm on the left side of his chest.

'At right time, right task has been completed.' Stephan said.

'Has the corpse been witnessed.?' he asked.

'Entire hotel has been burnt into ashes, people are putting the fire out. Desired corpses will be witnessed very soon. '

'I want to witness them now.' he demanded sternly.

'I have asked the guards, Your Majesty, to find and send the corpses as soon as possible. It has been almost thirty minutes to the fire. Corpses might be here any minute.'

He nodded deepening his breath. Stephan stood up.

'Your Majesty, may I ask a question?'

'Hmm...'

'Your Majesty, are you really planning on having an alliance with Grandelle?'

Noah chuckled to himself silently. 'What do you think?'

'I suppose I'm not wise enough to speak on this.'

Slowly he walked a few steps further with his hands behind him. 'I am planning to hold the event for the alliance, a grand event... a very grand event.' he said and faced Stephan, he lowered his eyes. 'Does holding the event to you means the success of the alliance?'

Stephan remained silent. Noah deepened his breath and laughed silently.

A guard entered in, he bent on one knee. 'Your Majesty, Official Albert has been waiting at the gate of the palace with two coffins. He wants your permission to let the coffins enter.'

The words alerted Noah.

'Let him in.' he said in an excited way. 'Ask him to wait in The Longevity Hall.'

'Your command! Your Majesty.' he bowed and left the room.

XXXXXXXXXXX

The board was half burnt, half torn apart, lying worthlessly on the ground. The entire building was broken into numerous pieces, half burnt black walls, fallen onto the ground. The air had more smoke than any other breathable gas. Some parts of the building still were on fire which people were trying to put off. The ground was covered with ashes, tiny intact pieces of bricks.

The scenario, the smoke, the fire, the ashes, the fallen building, everything together had shaken their world. In a moment, all has changed, has been destroyed.

Its said that a single step forward, lead ten more to take a step forward and ten leads hundred. What if that one single step taken gets shaken to put a stop to another any step for decades? That's what happen in a real world. In a world we are surviving by destroying ourselves and harming others, that's how all kind of humans are surviving. Just like a glass, a crack will always lead to a thousand more and will eventually break. The broken pieces, kill, harm, can never be softened.