Chapter 29.

Stephan bent on his one knee. 'Your Majesty, what shall we do now?'

Noah closed his eyes and deepened his breath trying to control his anger and faced Stephan. 'Search the city.' he gritted his teeth. 'The entire city.' heavying his breath, he spoke. 'I want both of them.'

'Your Majesty! Your command is my command.' Stephan bowed his head, stood straight and walked out of the hall, royal guards followed him.

Slowly, shivering, Albert bent at his knee again, lowering his head, eyeballs staring the ground. 'Your Majesty.' as soon as he uttered few words out of his tongue, Noah lifted his straightened tight palm, indicating him to be silent. 'Your Majesty...'

'Not a word, Albert!' he whispered in the silent hall, echoing his heavy breaths. He turned away, with footsteps echoing, the trail of his cloak followed him out.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Celine got rid of his grip on her wrist and stops, Richard faced her.

'We can't leave the corpses lying on ashes?' she spoke frustratingly.

'Do think I want to?' he paused, he breathed heavily. His every breath was breaking him. He looked at her into her eyes. 'I have to, WE have to.'

'He died because of me!' she exclaimed breaking, her eyes watering. 'They all died because of me....' she paused for a moment, widening her eyes, deepening her thoughts. 'Didn't they?' her word let her tears escape, breathing heavily, her head ached.

'No, no.' he gulped in his saliva, holding his tears back. 'Not at all!' He stepped a step closer and wiped her wet face with his bare palms gently. 'Let's leave this place, we need to. You need to,'

'To where? I am not scared of them.' she replied with a shivering voice.

'Let's go back to Leorendelle, then back to where we came from.' She nodded.

He forwarded his palm, she kept her palm on his, he held it, tightening his grip. 'First we need to find a horse.' said Celine.

XXXXXXX

The streets were silent, very silent. The silence didn't feel peaceful, it felt disturbing, the nights were becoming colder. Celine and Richard were walking at a little faster rate, trying to escape before anyone could notice them. As the night became darker, at their front, the front road, about five men in black, wearing long black cloaks on horses were leading their way towards them calmly. Maybe they weren't able to notice Celine and Richard or they might not be here for them. No matter what, they need to cautious, very cautious. As Richard's sharp eyesight noticed the men, his fingers crawled inside his waist coat, to hold on to his only weapon and the most reliable one. He tightened his grip on his bullet gun and took it out.

'Walk closer to the wall, beside me.' he whispered to Celine. She did as he directed.

As the men on the horses continued to approach, they seem to notice them. Although they couldn't see their faces clearly, but the figure of two people walking caught their sight, he tightened his grip, his palm sweating.

'You!' a guard called loudly. They ignored his call and continued to walk on the side. 'Stop!' another guard demanded. Staring at the ground, trying to hide their face, they walked, approaching guards and the guards approaching them.

'Stop at once!' the guard demanded at a louder voice. As the men on the horses by passed them, the horses stood still at a distance. One of the guard at the front hops off the horse. 'Stand still you both!' he roared and took his double sided sword out of its black case hanging at the side of his waist. The sword clanged. At an instant, they stood still, facing their back to the guards. 'Turn.' he demanded raising his sword, its sharp end pointing towards them.