Chapter 35.

Soldiers on horses were spread like endless sheets on the grey ground, widespread, all in grey armors, green cloaks. Area around north gate was wide , it was designed particularly for welcoming royal guests, soldiers. They were spread as far as people's eyes could see. Some carried the flags of Grandelle, green colored, golden eagle face embroidered. The stick of the flag was 2ft tall and very thick, above 2ft hung the cloth, the flag, swinging high up in the air with pride. There were six flags, 3 at each side. In between were three carriages, luxurious carriages. The three were lined, one after the other, the middle carriage had their emperor, the front and the back had two officials in each. 

At the gate, officials stood, all the officials stood beside each other, few royal guards at the front of the officials. Trees shadowing the troops, bordering the ground stood still, the leaves didn't move, still was the scenario, cold yet the rays of the sun penetrated in the picture, its warmth couldn't spread, silence rang, echoing the whispers of the soldiers, officials, as the emperor of the Floraelle has yet not come. In which kingdom does an emperor get welcome by mere officials? The talk was whispered, yet echoed. The officials had creases on their foreheads revealing their tension. 

Slow sounds of footsteps approached the ears of the officials, with seconds passing by, the sound of footsteps became louder, the officials sided, made the way, for Noah, their emperor. His black velvet cloak, bordered with gold followed his footsteps, trailed behind. At the front of the royal guards, he stood, his chin high with pride. 

Officials from their carriages stepped out, one of the official walked towards the emperor's carriage. Jonathan, Grandelle's emperor stepped out of his carriage, official helping him. With silent steps, he approached Noah, the four officials following him, walking behind him. He had grey hairs, long grey beard, covering his neck, his cheeks had freckles, the skin down his eyes appeared like empty pouches. He wore a velvet dark green colored cloak, bordered with gold, white colored, silk clothed robes. On the side of his waist hung his saber, covered his white marble case. There was calmness on his face, knowing the purpose behind Noah's late arrival to welcome, childish, yet somehow insulting. 

'Welcome!' exclaimed Noah in his most sweetest yet poisoning voice, his face wasn't as pleased as his voice sounded.  'Welcome to Floraelle.' Jonathan chuckled as he nodded.

'You don't look very happy on our arrival.' 

Noah smiled, his smile appeared sweet . 'Actually, I couldn't be happier.' 

'Is that so?' Jonathan questioned, raising his left brow. 

'Tomorrow, we'll finally put an end to all this misery we all have been through.' 

'We surely will put an end.' he replied. Both having different purposes, different targets yet one same thing to say.

Noah chuckled. 'Please.' he directed Jonathan to enter.

Officials of Floraelle stepped forward, welcoming the other officials, directing them in. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

'The east side of the bridge leads to a Hall, you people can choose any room of your choice, today.' The fat man replied standing at the front facing all the performers, in the marble walled shelter. The open sided curtain was slightly swinging. Through the georgette cloth, a figure seen to be approaching at a fast rate, he figure was of a thin man, he removed the cloth with his thin palm, his nerves popping out, appeared to be a weak, malnourished sort of. He knelt as soon as he passed by the curtain. 

'Master!' he exclaimed.

'Frankie!' he questioned, tensed. Frankie's appearance at this minute tensed him.