Chapter 38.

The sky was dark and cloudless while no wind paved its path into the sky. The palace appeared like a still painting, everyone at its place, everything as it should be, according to Noah at least. 

He was sitting on his bed, slurping in his medicine bit by bit, just then a royal guard entered his chamber, bowing on one knee. 

'Crown Prince wills to meet you.' he informed.

At this hour? Noah questioned himself.

'Let him in.' The guard stood, greeting Noah again and walked out of the room. John entered the room, Noah stood, placing the cup on the white marble table. 

'What brought you here at this hour?' Noah questioned, his voice sounded ascetic.

'Perhaps an idea keeping me up.' John replied taking silent steps towards Noah. 

'Enlighten me, with what kept you up.' 

'I was wondering if you're planning to execute Damon's daughter?' John asked furrowing his brows. 

Noah nodded at his words. 'After the event, I plan to execute both,  why?' 

'I was thinking, why don't you execute her before the event, tonight?' he suggested, his voice lowering. Noah rolled his eyes at John. 'I don't want to do things hastily.' he replied. John, suggesting him to kill someone, it was something very new to him, something unexpected.

'Well, you will kill her someday. You believed Damon's blood and her daughter's blood will help you with your power, didn't you?' 

'I still believe the same.' he replied raising his eyebrow. 

'Then why don't you execute her before the event, it will only make you more powerful?' he questioned. 

'Right now I need to focus on defeating Grandelle, tomorrow will not only hold a normal event but will be the one which will be written in histories. ' 

'Exactly, and for it to be successful you need to be more powerful. Stephan just betrayed you, although I did stop him today, we don't know how many times he already had stabbed you in the back. I am simply asking you to opt the safest road.' he warned in a calmer tone. Noah realized that John wasn't wrong, there is no harm in attending the event with more power, he does have to kill Damon's daughter, he thought. 

'What do you suggest?' he questioned, his voice deepening. 

'Let her human companion leave and execute the girl tonight, after midnight.' 

'You really are making me proud today. But why do you ask to let the human leave?' he questioned, his left bow raising with slight suspicion. 

'Humans are inferior to us, you've always killed people way stronger then in terms of powers. Why disgrace yourself by killing a human? He can do no harm to us, send him back to the human world. Also he is of no use, his bone marrow will give you only more worse kind of blood.' 

Noah nodded. 'Killing a human is indeed a disgrace. Let him go.' 

'Even if he tries to harm, our guards can kill him within a blink.' 

Noah couldn't agree more. Since he exposed Stephan and Damon's daughter, he couldn't trust anyone more than John. After Stephan's betrayal, maybe John, his son was the only one he could trust at the moment. Anyhow he doesn't trust anyone for more than a few moments.

Noah  nodded at John's words. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Few royal guards unlocked the door of the prison, the sound of the metallic key clanged loudly. Celine and Richard saw the guards unlocking the door, they stood up, wondering what's happening at this hour. The guards opened the door.