Chapter 15.

'If you really want to learn, why don't you try it now. Try moving this pen.' Richard said and pointed at the pen kept on his table. Celine was confused. She didn't know how exactly should she do it.

'Close your eyes and Imagine.' he said. Celine closed her eyes and took a deep breath. As she closed her eyes, Richard's eyes were looking at her. It felt like time stood still for a moment, there was complete silence but melody in his heart. As he a glanced at her, his heart paced faster. He lowered his eyesight and took a deep breath. 

'Try what you just imagined.' he said as he continued to look at his desk. Celine opened her eyes and moved her palm with a slight force, nothing happened. She frowned. 'I literally feel stupid doing this.' she said. 

'Look, that's the problem I was talking about. A belief in power is required. Right now, at the back of your mind, you believe nothing's going to happen and that's why nothing happened.' 

'Hmm... now?'

'Keep trying. After tomorrow's trial, I'll take you to a place, where you can learn to believe. I learned there.' he said with a smile.

'Where?' she asked.

'I'll not tell you now.' 

'Okay.' she said and paused. 'Do you have any idea about how Maria's death spread all over the media?' 

'What do you think?' he asked.

'I think...well there's a possibility that the lawyer was trapped by THEM into discovering the body. They could have done something for Maria's body to come to his notice. She was somehow visible in the CCTV footage of the café, so there's a possibility of him knowing about Maria's existence.' she explained.

'Right.' he nodded. 'But I feel like making a bold guess.' 

'Bold guess... what do you think then?'

'The lawyer appointed is Mr David Brown. Although it has been only two years since he became a lawyer, he is 40 above and has proved 100s of criminals not guilty. I think he figured something wrong about the case.' 

Richard's words indicated danger.

'You mean he knows something?' she asked curiously.

'Not exactly. I only intend to say, he might be dangerous.' 

'Well, he's not going to be the first danger we'll be facing.' she smirked and stood. Richard stood up as well. 'I have to go, so I'll take a leave now.' Celine said. 

'Can I drop?' he asked quickly.

'Umm... I can go, thank you.' 

'oh okay.' he said. Celine turned and walked out as she smiled a bit to herself. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The next day. It was the day of the first court trial. There were uncountable thoughts on Celine's mind. There was fear and uneasiness in her mind. In a mind, where there's a fear of failing, there always hides a thin layer of trust in winning, but somehow, fear of failing always manages to dominate one's mindset. 

Celine dressed up in black and tied her hair into a pony, grabbed her bag and got out of her room. Granny was waiting for her outside. She patted Celine's head with her gentle, wrinkled palms and wished her luck. Laura came out of her room and was ready to go with Celine to the court. There was a kind of coldness in the air and heaviness in their breaths. Laura and Celine got out of the house. Laura unlocked her car, Celine sat on the passenger seat while Laura sat on the driver's seat. She drove off the car. 

As they reached the court, Laura parked the car in the parking lot and got off the car. 

They climbed the stairs leading to the gate, there was a crowd of people on the stairs. People going in and out. There were many news reporters with cameramen, standing on different staircases, reporting updates on the case.