Chapter 17.

'Thank you for asking anyways.' he replied. 'I'll leave. I have some work.' he said and smiled.

'okay.' she said. He turned and walked away, she closed the door.

After a while of walking, he finds a cab. He sat in and asked the driver to drive him to the police station. As he reached the police station, he got off the cab, paid the fee and walked into the police station. Inside there were desks of officers. Uniformed officers were sitting on their desks and working on case files. He walked into the captain's office. As he introduced himself, he was asked to sit.

'Mr. Fox, what brought you here?' asked the Captain.

'Captain Raymond, my assistant Harold might have informed you in advance, I suppose. I wanted to meet one of your prisoners.' he replied.

'Harold... I do remember now. I suppose you want to meet prisoner 28, the one who did the accident on purpose.'

'Yeah. '

'Just informing, after clear evidence he is guilty. So...'

'I know about that. I have some other matter. If you permit.'

'Okay then.' he replied. He picked up the telephone kept on his desk and asked one of his officers to come in. Within a minute or two, there was a knock on his door. Raymond asked the officer to come in.

'Officer Charles, Please take MR. Fox to the prisoner 28.' he said and opened the drawer of his desk. There was a lock inside the drawer. He used his fingerprint to unlock the lock. As the lock was opened, there was a key kept inside. He handed over the keys to Officer Charles.

'Mr. Fox, please.' Officer Charles directed the way. Richard got up and followed him. As he continued to follow him, the officer stopped at a prison and unlocked the door. Through the bars, the prisoner was visible. He looked at Richard with a confused look. Richard stepped into the prison. The door was closed and locked again.

'You have 10 minutes.' said the officer. Richard nodded. The officer walked away. Richard sat beside the prisoner.

'What's your name?' Richard asked. The prisoner shifted a bit away.

'Jacob.' he replied. 'Why are you here?'

'Do you have a count of murders you have yet done?' he asked.

'Why are you here, Mr Fox? I'm already sentenced to life imprisonment.'

'Count of murders, I'm asking.' he said.

'4 or 5 I guess. Four, I suppose.' Richard rolled his eyes at him.

'If it becomes five, would there be any difference in your situation?' Richard asked.

'I don't think so...wait' he said and paused. There was something strange he found about Richard's question. He rolled his eyes at Richard. 'What do you want Mr Fox?'

'After fifteen days, in court, you'll be accused of a murder. I want you to admit it.' he replied. The words of Richard exploded in Jacob's mind.

'Talking about Mr George's case. I heard about it.' he said. 'What happened? Can't find the real murderer? Or is your client the murderer?' he frowned.

'If I SAY, there is no murderer and there was no murder, would you then admit?' he asked.

'I'll think about it..' he frowned. His attitude was raging Richard's anger. His fingers crawled to his bullet gun kept at the side of his waist in the gun holder. He didn't take it out.

'I'm anyhow here to inform you and not ask you. I wanted you to admit it in your consciousness. But I think I'll have to make you admit in the absence of your consciousness.' he said and got up. He turned his face towards Jacob. The words of Richard confused and scared him.