Chapter 37.

The chamber was empty, Stephan walked towards the shelf on the right side of the wall, Celine and Richard followed him, their hood covering their faces. Stephan's finger searched among the books kept on the 5th rack of the shelf, as his fingers searched, they stopped on the 9th book from the left side. Taking the book out from the shelf, he opened the book, in a haste, turning pages as fast as he can. To their surprise, all the pages of the book appeared to be empty, stopping at a certain page, Stephan tore the page from the book and handed them the paper.

'Why a blank paper?' Celine questioned.

'This plan was made few years ago, stored between these blank pages, rub the page with the drop of water, the ink will reveal.' he whispered.

'Will it really work or are you simply fooling us?' she questioned again. He frowned. He wet his thumb with the drop of his saliva, and rubbed a part of the page, revealing a symbol, symbol of a soldier. Richard nodded and took the page from his hand, folding the page he kept the page inside his pockets.

What did you just gave to them, official Stephan?' a voice approached their ears. Stephan's heart sank deep, as the voice approached his ears. They turned towards their back, where the desk was placed. John was seated on the gold colored chair.

'Crown Prince!' Stephan exclaimed, whispering to himself. 'When did you....?'

'I was here the whole time, perhaps you were too busy to notice.' he said, giving him a dark smile.

'Let them leave, your Majesty. We don't intend to harm the kingdom.'

'But my father.' he replied, as he adjusted himself to a more comfortable position.

'His intentions.....' Stephan was about to complete his sentence but was interrupted by a guard.

'Emperor Noah Williams is arriving! His Majesty is arriving!' the guard alerted. Celine gulped in her saliva, as the announcement entered her ears. Fear crawled, shaking their veins. Stephan gulping in his saliva, silence rang, footsteps echoed in their ears.

'What's going on?' his stern voice reached their ears, as he entered the chamber. He noticed fear roaming around the roam. His footsteps echoed in the room, while all stood still.

 'I knew John was waiting but..' he said as he stopped at distance.

Stephan turned around, fear covering his face, his lips shivered, sweat rolled down his head. Celine and Richard, both in a state of panic, their heart beats ringing in their ears. Although it was a good thing that their faces were covered, but for how long can they cover themselves? Noah was there and so was John.

'Your Majesty!' Stephan uttered the words, his lips shivered, Noah furrowing his brows.

'Allow me father, to explain.' interrupted John, standing up from the chair, taking his steps towards Stephan. Noah raised his brows. Deepening his breath, he frowned. 'Whatever.'

'Your most trusted official Stephan, was trying to betray you behind your back with..' John said, walking around Stephan, him lowering his eyeballs, staring at his feet.

'With?' Noah questioned.

'He almost gave away a very important information of ours, I luckily stopped.' John replied.

He didn't stop, Celine wondered. Didn't he probably saw Stephan giving Richard the paper.

John took silent steps, walking away from Stephan, he walked towards Celine, silently. Noah stared at his every move, unable to understand what exactly was his son, who was not interested in any of his moves is helping him with and why? Really a coincidence that he caught Stephan red handed?