Chapter 22.

The sky was turning purple with a tinge of pink and yellow. It was almost dawn, the sun was setting. Street lamps lightened, one after the other lightening the entire street. Celine and Richard walked to the shop where Robert asked them to wait. They stood near the shop, waiting.

As the sun continued to drown itself into the big world, darkening the town, fears arouse deep inside the hearts. It has been six since the death of Richard's mother, since then it will be the first time for Richard to visit her grave. Fear of acceptance arouse, this time he'll have to accept that even in the other world, she can never be found as she has really left, she had left in fact a long time ago.

As the sun drowned, darkening the town, the only thing to keep the town still visible to the naked eyes were the street lamps, bringing light to Robert's arrival. From a distance, he seem to be visible running, Richard waved his palm, to show their presence.

'You guys had a good time?' He asked. Richard nodded. 'Okay then, follow me.

XXXXXXXXXXX

As they followed Robert, they reached the main town, out of the local market. There were big and small houses, the roads had flowers on the sides. Most of the houses were cream coloured and had brown-coloured roofs, they seem to have a similar pattern for all the houses. The roads seem to be busy with people walking, a few horse carriages running.

Robert stopped by near a plain ground, fenced, graveyard. It had a mediocre sized black gate. The gate was half open, Robert stepped in and so did Celine and Richard. Richard's chest was becoming heavier, his footsteps were scaring him. He didn't want to see the grave, at that time, he thought he was better assuming that she'll be in the other world if not in his.

Robert stopped by a grave, there was brown soil and on it was a stone. The stone had the name of his mother. As his eyes saw the grave, petals on the soil scattered, his eyes became red. He closed his eyes, silently his tears escaped his eyes and rushed down his face. He sat on his knees beside the grave and took a deep breath. His fingers embraced the soil, his tears continued to flow. His mind was roaring but nothing came out of his tongue, for he knew once the roar entered his ears, he might break and he can't, there's much to avenge. He fitted an amount of soil in his fist and took out his handkerchief, he gently released the soil on to the handkerchief and packed it. He kept it inside his pockets. His actions made Celine's eyes teary and red.

'I'll make you witness his death.' he mumbled in a shivering voice. He sighed deeply.

'What really happened?' Robert asked in a low voice. Richard's eyeballs roll at him.

'I don't know.' he replied in a dull tone.

'I'm her brother, I have the right to know.' Richard nodded.

'Did she wake here?' he asked.

'Only for few minutes, her injuries were deep.' he replied. 'Celine do you know something?'

'Not much. I only know she was falsely accused which made her suicide.' she paused. Robert nodded. 'I know that.'

'Maybe she didn't' Celine said a low tone. Richard's eyes rolled at her.

'Why do you always say that?' he asked.

'Last time when you talked about your mother, you almost said that she didn't suicide but then you hid it. You can hide it but for how long? If not me, at least tell your uncle, she was not only your mother but also his sister.'

'That's not the case, I myself don't know sometimes how and why what had happened. I only know a part of the truth.'

'Richard, dear. Did Liana suicide?' Robert asked coldly. 'Yes or no.'