Chapter 40.

'But there is a girl who must be on her way here.' the man said, alerting Richard's ears. 

'Who?' he asked instantly.

The man frowned, 'I don't know that, I guess you'll just have to find that out.' 

There was still some hope for Richard, hoping, deepening his breath. 

'Look, there she is, I guess.' he said, pointing his finger towards his front, Richard's back. He turned around as soon as the words approached his ears. At the side of the west gate, there was another wooden door, a small door, through which a girl came out, her hood was on, covering her face, wearing the disguise of a guard. Within a glance, his eyes widened as he saw her, he recognized her, he knew she was Celine. As she was heading towards the carriage, he took his steps towards her, although he did recognise her, he still wasn't confirm after all that has happened. His heart was pacing faster, as they crossed paths, she stopped and so did he. She looked up at him, a relief passed through him, calming him as he saw her face, her green eyes, shoving off all his negative thoughts. He sighed deeply with relief and hugged her tightly, surrounding her with his arms around, closing his red, teary eye. Her heart paced as he hugged her, his sudden hug passed a rush through her veins, making her nervous, her ears were burning red.

As he hugged her, there was calmness crawling into him, peace. Celine's eyes became teary,few tears rolled down her eye, taking a deep breath, she tapped on his arm with her fingers, gently.
'You good?' she whispered as she questioned, she did have an idea about what must have happened.

'Hmm..' he responded softly, letting go of his grip. 'I am now.' She looked into his golden eyes warmly, his eyes were red and wet. With his bare palms, he wiped her tears off her cheeks, gently. 'Everything's good  now.'
She nodded gently.

'Hey!' The man called, disturbing them.They turned around at his call. 'You guys planning to come?' 

'Coming!' he responded. They walked towards the carriage, removing the plain, silk clothed curtain hung, they stepped in. 

'Where do you want to go?' he asked standing outside, beside the horse. 

'Weren't you ordered the place?' Richard asked. 

'I was ordered to ask you both.'

'Stay here then, don't let anyone know that we're inside.' Celine replied. 

'Alright!' 

'What happened with you?' Richard asked Celine, curiously. 

'Umm... I don't exactly know what happened. After you left, three guards came again, dragged me out, said they're probably taking me for the execution.' she said. 'but then.' 

'What?' Richard questioned impatiently, whispering. 

'But then suddenly, a loud bang was heard from somewhere inside the dungeon, two of the guards went back to check while one of the guard stood beside me. As soon as the two guards walked back to check the prisons, the guard standing beside me, pushed the right wall I guess, a part of it rotated.'she explained.
'Do you know who he was?'
'No, I have no idea about whi he was and why he did that.'
'Must be under orders.' Richard guessed.
'Might be.' She said as she nodded. 'He pushed me in and dragged another girl out, who wore same clothes as I did and had a very identical face to me. I only saw a glance of her,as the wall stopped rotating, I was locked inside a tunnel.'
'Did they other guards find out anything?' He questioned out of curiosity. 'The voices were audible inside where I was, when few minutes later, the two guards came back, they didn't seem to suspect a thing and walked away. ' 

Richard nodded. 'How did you come here? Through the tunnel?'

'Yeah, on the wall, there was a message. There was drawing of a sun rising and a arrow below that drawing, pointing at the drawing of a door. I figured that maybe I have to get out by morning. I reached the end of the tunnel within half an hour probably and then waited for the morning. A few minutes ago, when I peeped through the door, I saw a glance of you walking by.' Her breath deepened. 'Trust me, that one glance, I never felt that relieved but only a second later I thought I was wrong.'she sighed deeply. Richard looked at her with his warm eyes as she sighed, he hugged her tightly, tightening his grip, wrapping his arms around her, patting her back. Celine heart paced, as he hugged, she felt a rush flowing through her veins, slightly flushed she was.
'Then?' He questioned, whispering into her ears.
'I decided to peep again, I opened the door as silently possible and I did saw you so... I came out.'