American Pie

Y/n pov
i try to think of a response to send to spider. a response that doesn't lead to more questions that is. because i cant say i escaped a Russian assassin organisation almost dying than get beaten up by some gang the next day to a complete stranger or can i??. obviously ill hide some things but why lie when i can say a half lie if they ask.

y/n
uh hey spider

spider
kid!! omg your ok
are you gonna tell me why u needed first aid or will i have to use other more violent methods

y/n
okay 1 no need for violence mommmm ( a/n that felt so wrong to write mom not mum)
and 2 idk should i tell u

spider
1 you will tell me
and 2 i'm not a mom nor do i act like one

y/n changed spider to spider mom

y/n
keep telling yourself that spider mom
and i bet you $1
go ask one of ur friends if u act like a mom
that is if you have friends
i didn't mean that as mean btw plz dont hate me

nats pov
i laugh at the kids bet. slightly concerned they felt the need to apologise however i walk over from the lounge room to clint who was in the kitchen making cookies with wanda or well wanda was making the cookies clint was eating the raw cookie dough.

"clint" i started. he looked up at me just as he stuffed more. dough into his mouth receiving a slap on the hand by wanda. "a friend of mine thinks i act like a mom and i dont think so , so they bet me to ask u"

"u have friends" he spat i just looked at him unamused. "but yeah nat you act like a total mom"

"a scary russian mom" wanda added smirking. i sighed rolling my eyes and walked back to my spot. realising i owe the kid a dollar. i pull out my phone and open the kids messages.

spider mom
*le sigh*

y/n
*le gasp* ur learning
*un earthly squealing*
soooo what did ur friend say

spider mom
he said i do act like a mom and my other friend seconded it

y/n
lmao i knew it.

spider mom
i only just realised u never told me what happened
was that a distraction??
i will find out
bye kid
my friend just told me we were going out for lunch.

y/n
bye spider mom
have fun

y/n pov
i got up from my spot under the tree stretching my legs. i began to walk around not knowing what to do until my stomach growled very loudly. the couple holding hands near me looked at me strangely. it had been what a week since i ate, but with my fast metabolism it felt like months. i continued walking looking for anywhere with free food. after spending all my money on the kit i was desperate.

that was until i saw a guitar and a microphone with a sign near by .usually i would avoid a busy area like this however this is new york. the sign read
play and i will give your 5 dollars . that is when i notices a guy with a camera sitting next to it. i walked over to him tapping the guy on the shoulder. he spun around,

"uh could i play a song" i asked avoiding his gaze. i probably look like a idiotic 12 year old with how short i am.

"sure kid but u better be able to play and sing or you wont get the money". i nod and grab the guitar stepping up to the microphone. soon after i thought of my favourite song . American Pie by Don McLean.

A long, long time ago
i can still remember how the music
used to make me smile
and i knew if i had my chance
that i could make those people dance
and maybe they'd be happy for a while ....

by the time i had gotten to the chorus a small crowd had gathered around me .

nats pov
wanda and i went out for lunch since clint blew up the kitchen after being left alone for 5 minuets. we were walking down the busy street when i heard a very familiar song playing to my right. i looked over to see a small kid with a guitar around her shoulder singing beautifully. i stray from wanda and walk over to the kid. wanda calls after me laughing as i follow the sound like a dog on a leash. once she catches up to me i'm standing at the front of the crowd watching in awe as the girl plays perfectly. this just made my day.

y/n pov
8 minutes later the happy crowd erupted into claps as i took off the guitar strap putting it back down in its place and walking over to the man. he had a smile on his face obviously pleased with my performance and handed me the small $5 note patting me on the back as i turned away. i winced at the contact, due to the large bruises painting my back. hopefully this food will speed up my healing. i start to walk away when 2 women walk over to me. both redheads the one on the left seems younger than the one on the right.

"hey i'm wanda and this is nat. that song is her favourite and she was in absolute awe as u played." the woman i learned to be nat playfully slapped her arm.

"uh thanks i'm y/n and i didn't think i was that amazing i haven't played in years well since today" i smiled at them

"well y/n u were amazing, thank you this made my day" my smile grows knowing i made someone's day, they smile back at me

"thank you ,ill be off now. my uh dad wants me home. goodbye" i turn and leave trying find a maccas or somewhere i can eat cheep.

wandas pov
i've never seen nat smile this much this song must bring up some happy memories. we walk back to the cafe we were heading to. we were walking up to the counter to order both smiling.

A/N fun fact American. pie is literally one of my top favourite songs ive known every lyric since the brink of existence. the photo at the top was a message wrote on the back of the toilet stall at school hope u liked this and as always see you in the next chapter

edited 22/05/22