Chapter 22

Y/n pov

She's gone...

She really is gone.

We had to cancel the rest of the tour because of her death.

I visited her body the next day and they gave me a note.

I haven't read it yet since I wasn't ready for her last goodbye.

It's been two weeks since her death.

And here i am. Watching six men in army uniforms carrying her body to the hole in front of me.

Anna held onto my arm as I watched them. I wish I could cry but I can't.

I have no more tears I could cry.

I watched as they placed her casket on the thing to lower her casket down.

I watched the guy walk up as it started to snow.

"Today we honor Joanne Y/m/n Fish. A brave woman who has died a tragic death..." I blocked him out since he would talk about her.

I know everything.

She was a medic in World War II and after the war married my grandpa which she saved. She then took into a career of music and was a pianist.

She stopped when I was born since she wanted ro be there for all my firsts just like my parents.

She then taught me how to play piano and how to read music.

After that we just had a bunch of memories together.

Memories.

That's all I really have left of her.

All teh ice cream dates when I was younger.

All the bingo nights she took me to when my parents were working late.

And all the dinners we sat at just staring at the two empty chairs hoping that my parents would magically walk through the door and join us.

I felt Anna rub my back as teh casket was lowered. I walked over and threw my rose in as Anna threw hers in as well.

We backed up and let everyone else throw there roses in.

Once we were done I had people come up ro me trying ro tell me how sorry they are for my loss and wishing the best for me.

All I did was nod and keep staring at the hole being filled.

Once the grave was filled I stared at the grave stone. I felt Anna hold on to me tighter as a gust of wind blew by.

The girls stood behind me as all my friends were here. They flew out for today.

"You guys can start heading back ro the cabin." Anna said as she saw that I wasnr gonna be leaving anytime soon.

"I'll stay." I heard Kennedy say. Anna looked up at me but I didn't look away from the stone in the ground.