Chapter 60

Anna's pov

I watched Y/n teach Brandon how to play guitar as my mom walked up to me holding Josie.

Today is Thanksgiving.

So run down of our past two weeks.

Kennedy has yet to come back from her bender bur since all of us together have a life 360 in case of a kidnapping situation we know she's in Alabama.

How she got there we are still unsure since she had gone from Nevada to Alabama.

Alyssa has just been running the company for her ans made the full switch from housing to a celebrity agency like Kennedy wanted.

Billie has helped with making Carsons company into a place to fully launch her own clothing and fragrance.

Y/n has been just relaxing. She has called Seth a few times and after every call she looks more at peace with herself.

Maybe all we needed was to get away from LA.

"Ya know I'm so happy you two are engaged." I looked at my mom smiling as Kyler was asleep in my arms.

"Me too." My mom gave me a playful glare as I giggled.

"I just wish she didn't beat herself up sometimes."

"What do you mean?" I looked at mom as she looked out the window.

"You've told me what she was like in highschool. I know you were always attracted to the bad boy lone wolf type of men and women but-"

"Oh my god mom." I said as she giggled looking at me.

"Anyways from what happened in the past few weeks she kinda turned into that person." I sighed knowing that was true.

She didn't resort to drinking only on that one night.

But she was getting into fights. More than we wished.

Mushu told us the gang Y/n deal with has taken the police three years ro track down.

It took her three days.

But after everything calmed down she looked peaceful.

"She wasnt drinking but everything else had its reasons. She fought for Billie. She fought for Seth."

"But was that highschool her or today her?" I looked at my mom confused ad she sighed.

I watched Alyssa walk in from her run smiling at us.

She took Josie from my mom as Liv followed up taking Kyler.

They walked over to Y/n and Brandon chatting.

I smiled knowing my friends wanted to make sure my mom had dinner ready.

"What does that mean?"

"Her highschool self was a fight of survival. Trying to just make it through life. What's happened this year. Hell this month. That was personal. She wants to be a good friend and girlfriend. But she was slowly losing herself by doing so."

I looked at Y/n as she was now playing a random song.

I felt my mom pat my back as she started getting Thanksgiving dinner fully ready.

I sighed as I walked over to the friends taking Kyler from Liv.

"By the time these kids are old enough they will think everyone is their parent." Y/n giggled as Liv put her hands up.

"Listen I know you changed Brandon's diapers. But I have my own child. Got plenty more experience."

"And one on the way." Katy said cuddling into Liv. I just smiled leaning against Y/n.

She handed her guitar to Brandon giving him a look.

"Now I've taught you one song. Play it." Brandon looked geeked out as he got ready.

Y/n put her arm around me kissing my head. I looked around for my other child seeing Alyssa sitting in the chair watching Charlie brown Thanksgiving.

A classic.

I looked at Y/n hearing the few chords Brandon knew.

I smiled as Y/n did this with every new player.

She would teach them some country song I never even knew the name of.

I watched as Brandon messed up some of the notes but he got the hang of it again as Y/n hummed along.

"What song is that? You've never told me?"

"Dixie land delight. Its simple and one grandma played everyday if she could." I smiled as Brandon kept playing.

I heard the door bell seeing my mom open the door.

Tommy walked in waving as my grandparents walked in.

I got up as Y/n followed.

We hugged my family as my grandma took Kyler as Tommy ran over to Alyssa to grab Josie.

By the time dinner was done we all sat in the living room talking about random nonsense.

The babies down for a nap. Brandon showing Jax the games on his Xbox.

I sat down next to Y/n and Liv putting the baby monitor behind me.

"So Anna is it true you still can't play guitar?" I looked at my grandma as Y/n giggled beside me.

I gave her a glare but smiled at my grandma.

"I may live with a musician grandma but that doesn't mean I know how to work anything." Everyone giggled as Y/n wrapped a arm around me.

"If she knew how to I think I'd have to retire." I smiled at Y/n as she held me closer.

"Y/n how long have you been playing music?"

"I'd say since birth with how I've seen her play." I smiled at my grandpa as he was talking to Alyssa about the football game on.

"Well since I was five maybe. I first learned piano. Then my dad taught me guitar. I know how to play almost all instruments because of my band teacher in highschool. So awhile."

"Piano? Do you know how to play uh the Mr. Piano man? Or American Pie? What about Elvira?" Y/n eyes went wide as I smiled at my grandma.

"Grandma she does. I think. But she only has her guitar. We don't have a piano." Grandma nodded as Y/n patted my leg.

I nodded at her as she said thank you.

She loved playing music don't get her wrong. But playing it for people who only know her from a few interactions.

Kinda scary.

Especially when her music is not at all like the 60s or 50s.

My grandparents then left with leftovers as we sat in tge living room alone.

Alyssa went to bed as Liv and Katy were helping clean up.

"Why is it always the grandparents that want you to play every song from their generation?" Y/n said as she laid fully down on the couch.

Liv giggled as I cuddled up next to her.

"At least it wasn't my aunt. She is practically in love with your music." Y/n nodded as my mom walked up taking the baby monitor.

"Why don't you two go out on a date or something? I was speaking to Liv and you guys don't get much alone time anymore with the kids." Y/n looked at Liv as she gave us a smile.

I looked at Y/n as she smiled at me.

"You sure? I know their sleeping but-"

"Go. You two deserve some peace with eachother." I shrugged as Y/n got up.

I grabbed my keys as Y/n waved goodbye.

Date Night huh?