Chapter 161

Once I parked outside my house, I felt my stomach twisting into knots. I wasn't ready to tell him, but I had to. He was going to be furious if he finds out alone and I don't want that. It's better if I don't keep it a secret, but I'm just a little nervous about his reaction.

I sighed as I grabbed the bags and jumped out of the car. I locked it and went inside, nervoussness growing stronger with each step I took. I went inside the kitchen and placed the bags on the island before heading upstairs to check him out. I was trying to be as quiet as possible. I peered through the doorway to see him laying in bed, sleeping peacefully. He looked so tired and I was glad he wasn't awake.

I went back downstairs and entered the kitchen. I decided that the right way to tell him is by doing something good for him, which is why I was going to bake a big chocolate cake for him. I took the stuff I bought out of the bags and got back to work.

I took my jacket off and placed it on the stool before lifting my sleeves up to my elbows. I tried to think positive and that Harry won't be that mad at me, but I knew better. Inhaling deeply, I grabbed a bowl and started preparing the mixture for two cakes.

...

I wiped the flour on the apron once I was done with the second cake. I placed it in the oven and let a sigh as I leaned against the counter, finally done with this. I wasn't quiet tired, but especially after that long trip and sleeping on a chair for hours, I surely needed some rest.

I grabbed my phone and went into the living room. I lied down on the couch and relaxed. The TV was on and the Kardashians were playing, but I wasn't paying much attention to it.

The house was warm thanks to the fireplace and it felt nice being home again. I missed this, even though I was gone for a week. It's just when you feel like you need to be where the people you love are at, and you just can't stop thinking about it until you're back. New Year is coming in a few days and I was looking forward to having a party with my friends and Harry.

The smell of baking cakes filled the room, bringing a smile to my lips. I really hope Harry won't be angry, because after all, it's just a car, which he didn't even pay for. I hope his reaction won't lead us to another fight.

Minutes later, the cakes are both ready and decorated with different fruits and chocolate treats. I wrote across Harry's cake 'I love you' with M&Ms, hoping this will calm him down in case he loses his temper.

My heart skipped beats when I heard footsteps coming downstairs and I gulped. Shit, he's awake. I wasn't ready to tell him, but I knew it was a matter of time before I spit it out.

He popped his head inside the kitchen and looked around before his eyes landed on me. "Hey," he smiled softly before entering the kicthen.

"Hey," I said kind-of-awkwardly.

"It smells good in here," he said, inhaling deeply from his nose as he walked towards me.

"I baked two cakes." I said, smiling proudly.

He raised his eyebrows, his green eyes not stressed anymore. "Wow, I thought you would've been sleeping already," he teased lightly.

I chuckled. "Nah, I feel like I have to do a lot of things.." I mumbled, looking away from his eyes.

"Is this one for me?"

I looked down at the cake and smiled. "Surprise!" I grinned and looked at him giving me a surprised look.

"Thank you babe," he grinned happily before kissing my cheek, making my heart flutter. He looked at the letters with happiness in his green irises, which was one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life.