Chapter 77

I pulled back enough to look at him, trying to gather myself before it's too late and I fall apart again. Harry pressed his lips in a flat line and had his brows pulled low as he stared back down at me.

"Okay, so," he said in a low voice. "I didn't mean to hurt you by saying that."

I sighed, my eyes falling as I couldn't hold his gaze any more. My fingers started playing with the hem of his white tee. I could see his inked skin underneath the fabric and there's where my eyes were glued on, waiting patiently for him to continue.

"I really don't know what the hell crossed my mind and made me say that. I fucked it up, I know I did, but it wasn't on purpose. Really, Rebecca I wouldn't say shit like this if I knew it would have such an affect on you." he muttered.

"But you know that whatever relates to those memories really do hurt me.." I said in a small voice, not looking up at him.

"I know." he sighed. "But...I really don't know what the hell I was thinking. It just came out of my mouth-for a moment I thought you were going to laugh but..." he trailed. "I-I was wrong.."

"Joking about such things is nothing close to funny, Harry." I shot.

"Fuck-I know, okay?" he said, growing a little frustrated. "Just...I want you to know that I didn't do it to hurt you. I'm such an asshole sometimes and I don't know what I'm saying, but when it comes to you..I think I have to overthink before I say a word to you because I-I feel like I can easily hurt you with just that one word."

My heart tugged at his words and my stomach flipped up to my abdomen. Concern and worry was laced in his voice that took my breath away. I was still in his strong arms and I felt safe and calm, even though my heart had a deep cut the let out all the dull ache in my body.

I looked up at him, our eyes locking immidiately. The butterflies in my stomach danced as I saw hope covering his forest green eyes. I sighed and nodded, deciding to let it go and move on.

"It's okay, Harry. I know you didn't want to hurt me and I shouldn't have taken this too seriously but.." As much as I wanted to say what I really feel, I decided to do otherwise. "I don't know why I reacted this way. It's been a month and maybe I'm still not that used to the fact that I've been through all these things." my eyes rose to land on his arms.

"You sure? So you forgive me?" he asked, his voice a little shakey.

"Yes Harry," I said, giving him a small smile.

He let a deep sigh and looked up at the ceiling before pulling me to his chest again and kissing my head. I hid my face in his chest, my hands squeezing his arms as I filled my lungs with his cologne.

"Thank you," he said breathlessly, as if he was afraid he would hear something that would hurt him.

There was a knock on the door that was followed by an angry voice. "C'mon guys, get out! I'm about to piss myself!" Niall hissed as he kept knocking at the door.

I giggled and pulled back to find Harry rolling his eyes. "Annoying as fuck." he mumbled and pulled away his arms.

Harry turned around and opened the door, revealing a Niall jumping up and down as he held his crotch, his face turned red. Wow, he was really going to piss himself.

I let a laugh as Niall ran past Harry into the bathroom and yelled "get out!" to me. I left the bathroom and laughed on my way down the stairs. I noticed from the corner of my eye Harry grinning too, as if he was amused by Niall. I knew he liked Niall deep down.

We entered the living room with big smiles on our lips, that awkward and intimidating tension between us had diminished and now everything seemed better. But in the middle of my heart, the pain was still having the upper hand, but I managed to somehow ignore it and enjoy everyone's company in the room.