Chapter 36

It felt so odd staring back at those black eyes that brought all the bad memories back to my head. My screams and begs echoed in my ears so clearly that I had to cover them my hands.

I suddenly felt something like a punch in my stomach when I remembered Harry slamming my back with that wood. Then him digging my head into the water. Then stabbing me. Then slapping me.

"No..." I whispered, trying to forget all those horrible memories.

"Rebecca..." he murmured, his voice raspier and weaker.

"H-how?" I took one brave step closer to him. "Why?"

He shook his head and left a sob from his lips, making me hitch my breath. That sound only brought a knife in my chest, dangerously close to my heart and threatening to kill me.

"Harry I..." I lost the words. I forgot what I wanted to say.

The second wall I built to keep back all the emotions was wrecked down again. But this time, the pieces got under my skin, giving me more pain for this guy. For Harry.

The fact that Harry was crying in front of me only brought pain to my heart. I felt hurt countless times more and by the way I was gasping for air I knew that my feelings for him were really getting intense since I wished...

I wished I could be in his position.

I took a deep breath but still, it felt like I needed even more oxygen to fill my lungs. He hid his face in his hands and I saw the blood falling down on his clothes and ground.

To be honest, I was really scared to go near him. He had his black eyes again, wich only meant he was dangerous. But he was crying!

"What can I do?" I asked, my voice shakey.

He shook his head and pulled his face out of his hands. More tears of blood fell down his cheeks, making my stomach to twist.

"Nothing..you can't do nothing." he said dissapointed.

"But I-"

"No Rebecca!" he shouted, making me jump. "You won't do it! You don't want to do it!" he stood up, glaring st me.

I took a step back, breathing heavily and trying to breath. What was he talking about? I don't want to do it? And do what exactly?

"What do you mean, Harry? Do what?" I asked confused, my voice cracking at the end.

"You know what." he growled and looked away, rubbing his temples.

"No, I don't." I sniffled.

"You have to kiss me, Rebecca!" he said exasperatedly.

I sucked in a breath and took another step back. No, no, no. Not this again. There must be another way.

"I-I..." Tongue-tied, once again.

"You don't want to do it and I know it, okay?! I know that you still think I have nothing good left in me!" he yelled, throwing his hands in the air, vains popping out on his neck.

"You're-"

"A sick heartless bastard, yeah I know!" he cut me off and glared at me.

I sucked in a breath and whimpered. No. That didn't matter anymore. I don't think of Harry like that anymore, I'm just...scared. That's all. And it's not my fault.

"Harry, I don't think that anymore." I admited and he raised a brow.

"Oh yeah?" he sobbed, breaking my heart even more. "And that's why you're still afraid of me, isn't it?"