Chapter 18

My babe's birthday today and I'm so emotional omg! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BABE I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU'RE 21! I WISH YOU HAVE A LOT OF FUN AND YOU COULD JUST SEE MY SPAMMINGS ON TWITTER AGHH!! HOWEVER, I LOVE YOU!

Sorry, I just had to do it lol. Enjoy.

------------------

Both of us jumped away from each other, my cheeks burning and embarassment taking over me. I looked around nervously while he ran a hand through his wet hair and pushed them back, a grimace appearing on his face. I looked at him shyly and he took a deep breath before turning around and walking to open the door.

I couldn't help the wave of a mix of disappointment and frustration that washed through me when he walked away from me. I was lightheaded and everything felt frozen when we were so close..so close..

He opened the door a little too loudly than nessesarry and the blonde girl appeared in the doorway again. I'm starting to dislike this girl. She was pushing a table with wheels and many plates on it. She smiled at him and table in the middle of the room. I gave her a small fake smile and she returned me a bright one. Yep, totally disliking her.

"Okay, now go." he said harshly, making me flinch a little.

She turned around, her long hair flying in the air behind her, and walked out of the room quickly before he slammed the door loudly. He sighed and connected eyes with me, bringing a knot to my stomach.

"Do you want to eat here?" he asked, scratching his head.

"Umm-I was thinking it would be better if we eat on the balcony? If you don't mind." I said, moving my hands.

"I thought you were afraid of highs?" he raised a playfull brow.

And the good side is back.

"I am. I just-it's a beautiful night." I said and he raised and his other brow. "And I feel safer now." I admitted.

The corners of his lips turned into a smile that warmed my heart. I returned his small and he nodded towards the glass door, telling me to go outside.

I turned on my heel and went outside, the cold breeze hitting my skin and giving me a calming feeling. I sat on one of the couches and brought my knees up, staring at the beautiful view. San Diego at night was one of mt favourite things to just sit and stare, especially now that I was at the last floor of a very expensive hotel.

He brought the table next to the couch and sat across from me. He gave me a plate with chicken, fries, green peas and-to my disgust-olives. I quietly thanked him by giving him a small smile and placed my plate on my lap.

We ate in silence, both of us staring at the outstanding view, deep in our thoughts. I didn't want it to be like that though. I wanted us to discuss about something, even if it was pointless.

"It's beautiful." I commented and he looked at me, still chewing his bite.

He swallowed. "I know." he said and took another bite.

I was eating like crazy, really I was shoved into my food. I had to eat for..2 or 3 days and my stomach was grumbling loudly. I only avoided the olives. He filled two glasses with red wine and gave me the one. I wasn't much of a wine drinker, but it smelled amazing, so I guess it was worth it a try.

"Cheers?" he said, raising his glass.

"To what?" I asked and he narrowed his eyes, thinking of something.

"The first times?" he suggested and I nodded.

"To the first times." I said and we both took a sip.