Chapter 20

The drive to wherever he wanted to go was so awkward and weird. The tension between us was bringing nervoussness in the pit of my stomach. I was folding my fingers and unfolding them on my lap, my eyes glued on the road.

The city looked the same. Same streets, same shops, same people–not all of them–same views, same adresses. It was all the same and if Harry wasn't the driver's seat, I would say it was a normal day of my life. But unfortunately, it wasn't.

Harry was still pissed off, I could tell by the way his jaw was clenched and how tight his grip was on the steering wheel, causing his knuckles to turn white. None of us said a word. But I knew he was waiting for me to say something–especially something wrong so he could do something to me. No, there was no way I was going to talk first.

He pulled the car into a big building's parking lot. It looked like it was a big business in front of me. All glass doors and big windows covering the tall building, showing the rooms and desks inside, all the people rushing and taking, working.

“I'll be back in 20 minutes.” he said coldly and jumped out of the car, shutting the door behind him so loud that caused me to jump a little.

I watched as his tall figure disappeared into the building. My heart raced loudly and fear took over my brain. What was he going to do? Kill somebody? Oh it would be horrible..

Minutes seemed like hours. I wanted so badly to jump out of the car and run into the building. I tried to open the door for a moment but it was locked. Of course it was. There was no way he would let me escape.

Finally, the door swung open and he jumped into the car, making me look up at him from my hands. He looked upset and it terrified me. He closed the door and let a deep breath, running a stressful hand through his hair. He looked at me and I gulped.

“Guess what.”

I furrowed my brows. “What?”

“Tonight we're going to a ball.” he said, fake smiling.

My eyes widened and my jaw fell. A ball? What were we going to do there? Why were we going there?

“What, why?”

“Because the ball is going to be at dr.Royal's house. We don't wanna miss it, right?” he raised a brow.

“I don't even know mr.Royal.” I shrugged. “And why are we going there? Why don't you go alone?”

“Because I need a partner.”

“And why don't you compel a girl to come with you? You can take the blonde one at the hotel?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

“Hmm. Not bad, but I already have you so why waste my time by looking around for a girl?” he said, shrugging. “Plus, you're coming with me wherever I go, you don't have any other choice.”

”But I don't have anything to wear at the ball.” I sighed.

“That's not a problem, love. We're going to buy some clothes right now.”

“What?” I jumped slightly, a little too shocked.

“You heard me.” he said flatly, starting the engine.

“Harry, this is insane. The mall has cameras everywhere, they're gonna find out sooner or later that we bought clothes for free.”

“Even if they find out, they'll never catch us.” he said with confidence.

“You're not afraid of anything, don't you?” I raised a brow.

“Yep.” he said smirking.

“And why are we going to the ball?”