Chapter 2

2014.

Rebecca's POV

The sun was already setting down, the sky had a mix of orange, yellow and purple colour. We were walking through the woods for about 45 minutes now, trying to find a place to make our tents and get some rest. The cold breeze hit my skin and made me shiver but I ignored it, humming quietly a tune. My legs were hurting and I was hungry but I wasn't complaining, unlike Grace.

"Are we there yet?" she groaned, her voice tired.

I triped on a rock and almost fell to the ground but I found my balance and stood straight again. I pushed my brown hair away from my face and sighed out of frustration when it came back in front of my eyes.

"I think we can put our tents here." Calum pointed to a place that was cleaner from rocks, surrounded by trees.

"I think it's good." I agreeded and Calum took a quick a glance at me and nodded.

"I'm so hungry." Grace said from behind me.

I turned around to look at her wiping the sweat from her forehead with her forearm. She narrowed her eyes and looked at the sun, her lips slightly parted. Her hair was gathered in a low ponytail, that was probably high 30 minutes ago, and her white tank top and black shorts were dirty.

"The sun will be down in 10 minutes, we have to make a fire." she said and looked at me with her blue eyes.

"I'll make the fire, you make the tents." Ashton said and walked forward.

We all nodded and followed him, our boots hitting hard the grass and the mud. I helped Grace make her tent because she couldn't do it alone and then made mine. I bent down and got in my tent, placing my backbag next to my sleepbag and taking my boots off. I placed the boots outside my tent so I don't bring mud in the tent and lied on my back on the sleepbag.

It started getting darker now and my stomach was grumbling. I moved my hand and grabbed my backbag, bringing it on my stomach and opening it. I sat up and took out a croissant and a juice since I didn't eat for the most of the day.

I was chewing my bite when someone pushed the tent open and made me move my gaze from my croissant to see who came in.

"Hey." Calum brought his face inside the tent. "We made the fire, wanna join?" he smiled.

"Oh, yes, I'm coming." I said and he nodded, taking his head out of the tent.

I quickly ate my croissant and drank my juice before I threw the trash in a bag. I got out of the tent and put my boots on, before I walked towards the bonfire.

Grace and the 2 boys were sat in a half circle, a seat next to them empty for me. I sat next to Grace and she gave me a small smile before she leaned on Ashton's, her boyfriend's, shoulder.

"It's really quiet here." Calum noted and looked around.

"Yeah, it is." Ashton agreeded and wrapped his arm around Grace's shoulders.

"There is a river a few miles away. We could go there and clean ourselves and get some water for the way back." Calum suggested, his eyes fixed on the map he was holding.

"Sounds good." Ashton said.

"Great. But we have to wake up before 11:00 a.m." Calum made a grimace.

"That means that we have to sleep now." I said and they all gave me a bewildered look before they started laughing.

"Now? It's 10:30 p.m." Grace laughed and a small frown appeared on my face.