Chapter 35

"It is the truth." Harry stated, eyes staring at me mechiviously.

"If you say so." I sighed and let go of his hand, a wave of dissapointment washing through me.

He simply nodded before walking back towards our seats. We both sat down, me deciding to lay on my back and tan, while Harry was sitting and looking around, thinking of something. Curiousity was taking the best of me, because I really wanted to know if he was still thinking about my reaction.

"Harry?" I asked quietly.

"Hmm?"

"Is everything okay?"

He didn't look at me, his eyes were glued on the marbel floor under his feet. My stomach was twisted and I felt the unease creaping up inside of me.

"Yeah," he murmured.

"You sure? Did I do something wrong?" I dared to ask.

He shook his head and stood up, a frown plastered on his face. I stood up too, gaining his attention as he glanced up at me with a weird look.

"What?" he asked.

I gulped. Really, what? Why did I just stand up without a reason? I was such an idiot.

"I-I'm getting into the water," I rushed the words and quickly walked towards the pool.

I felt his gaze burning my back and then's when the insecurity of my body took over me again. Sighing, I jumped into the water and felt the beautifully cold water hitting my skin and relaxing the muscles.

I felt a hand touching my back and my eyes widened. I almost screamed, but I decided to get above the water and turn around to look who it was. When I did, my eyes widened even more, because Josh was smirking at me, his blonde wet hair stuck on his forehead.

"God," I breathed. "I almost screamed down there,"

He chuckled and came closer to me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. But you almost hit me while you swam past me." he said.

"Oh," I chuckled. "Sorry."

"No need to, everything's fine." He smiled at me.

I nodded and felt my cheeks flushing. I turned around to swim away, but he grabbed my elbow and pulled me back, bringing me in front of him. I furrowed my brows and blushed.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"You may have a boyfriend, but you still have the right to talk to me, right?"

I felt something punching me in the stomach. I looked away and tried to swallow my tears. Then's when I understood something. Harry still had me as a hostage, he still had my rights taken away from me, he still had my life in his hands. He didn't really need me, he was just still messing with my feelings, and that hurt me.

"I-I have to go, Josh," I mumbled and quickly swam away from him, not giving him the chance to say or ask anything else.

"What happened back there?" Harry asked through gritted teeth as I approached him.

"N-nothing." I murmured and grabbed the towel to cover my body. "Can we leave? Like now?"

He furrowed his brows and took a glance back at Josh before turning to me. "He did something, didn't he?"

"No. I just want to leave."

"Rebecca, why are you so...weird?"

"I'm not weird, I'm just bored."

"Lies."

"No, Harry, it's the truth." I snapped, giving him a "stop it" look.

He hummed and stood up. I copied him and left the towel on the pool chair. Harry would compel someone to take care of it either way.