Chapter 62

There's a picture of Rebecca (Lucy Hale) on the side, isn't she just beautiful? ☺❤

_________________________________

A soft humming made me slowly open my eyes, wanting to see who was the one that created that beautiful sound. The tune was slow and made my heart flutter with joy, since it was so calming and wonderful.

I looked around and my eyes finally landed on Harry, sitting in a chair next to my bed. He had a pensil in his hand and a paper in the other, brows pulled low as his eyes were fixed on the paper.

I tried to move quietly my head but failed as a groan came from the back of my throat because of the pain. Harry's eyes snapped up towards me, a hint of fear and shock flashed behind them before he recovered.

"Hey," he said, his hands quickly shoving the paper in his pocket.

"What was that?" I asked, smiling a little.

"What was what?" he asked, a little nervous.

"That tune." I answered simply, a little confused with his sudden awkward state.

"Nothing." he shook his head. "How do you feel?" he cleared his throat, changing the subject.

"Horrible." I answered honestly, a humorless chuckle came past my lips.

"Hmm." he hummed and reached to take my hand.

"How long was I sleeping?"

"For about 3 hours or so." he shrugged.

"Wow, you must got really bored." I said, raising my brows.

"Don't say that, Rebecca. Taking care of you is important and serious, not even slightly boring." he almost snapped at me.

I smiled, knowing that Harry cared much more than I thought. He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, soothing my aching skin.

"You hungry?" he asked, smiling a little.

"Yeah, but the food here is horrible." I said, grimacing.

"Did you even try the food here?" he raised a brow, smirking at me.

"No?" I sarcastically said. "I know that the food in hospitals are not even worth it a try." I claimed.

He laughed. "I agree. The food here tastes like shit." he scrunched his lips up in disgust.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "Especially the soups."

"Oh damn," he laughed. "Soups are the worst ever."

"Aha, I know." I nodded with a big grin on my lips.

"Okay," he patted his lap once before standing up. "I'm going to bring you real food, something to swallow down with pleasure." He winked at me.

"Okay, but don't be late please, I'm really hungry." I raised my index finger.

"Sure thing," he kissed my forehead before turning around and leaving the room.

I grinned at myself. Harry was acting so normally and cute to me, that only made me adore him even more. He was actually acting like a boyfriend to me, and I wished so badly this to never end. I wanted Harry to know my feelings for him, but I was so scared to tell him.

I looked at my reflection through the mirror again and my smile didn't seem fake, it was real, caused by real emotions. However, my entire face was a mess and the scars and wounds made it even worse.

Harry's here though. With Harry by my side, I knew I could go through everything. And my disability was another step I had to confront. And it hurt so bad, knowing that I won't ever have the ability to do everything I did before.