4-Timeslot

Persephone 

Today is the get together my dad is throwing. 

Who knew he could throw a party? 

Not I. 

I still have classes before then, which gives me the whole day - well until five o'clock - to think of how this thing will go. 

Will we sit in a board room and eat pizza? Will he pretend to be a teacher with icebreakers?

What if we play drinking games?

Ha, like my dad would encourage his players to drink alcohol. 

"Found you." I say pulling my missing converse from where it was wedged between my mattress and the wall. 

How the heck did it get there?

It's been missing for just over a week but it has now been saved. 

Thank the heavens. 

"I have been looking all over for you." I tell my shoe as I loosen the laces, "How dare you hide from me like that, you had me worried sick." 

I slip it on and look down at my shoes, finally I can stop wearing my vans everyday. 

I really need more than three pairs of shoes. 

"Are you talking to your shoe?" Peyton asks and I wave her off as I grab my bag. "I'm going to be late, see you."

She huffs and mumbles something but I am already out the door. 

"I need to talk to you about the student teacher position next semester." Laura says when I head out of class. 

She's basically over sees my progress and stuff, fun times. 

"What about it?"

She grimaces, "Well as you know Nina had to head back home because of family things and her student teacher slot was during this semester, I was hoping the two of you could switch. She'll be back before spring semester so she can do it then but not now."

Don't do it Seph, you signed up for spring for a reason. You have too much going on with-

"I'll do it, no problem." I say and she beams, "Great I'll get everything sorted and let you know the details."

I wish I could be just as stubborn when it comes to school as I am about anything else. 

I guess that means even less time on the ice, awesome-sauce. 

After classes I change into a pair of black leggings and an old sweatshirt. I plan to go straight from my dads thing to the rink. 

Hopefully I make it on time.

Asa

The seven of us sit in the conference room with Coach. 

By seven of us I mean me, Ridge, Miles, K.J., Tanner, Nigel, and George. 

I thought it would be more of the team than this, this just feels awkward. 

"I think we should chat before Seph gets here." Coach says and we all snap our attention to where he sits at the head of the table. 

Shifting the baseball cap on his head, he says, "This meeting isn't so you idiots become aquatinted with my daughter, this is so you know who to steer clear of. I don't need any of you anywhere near her, ever. If I hear as so much of a whisper that one of you, or any one on the team is sniffing around Seph I will castrate you and leave you to the mountain lions. Understand?"