33-Sibling Bonding

Persephone 

Waking up, I am sure I'm living a nightmare. 

Why you might ask?

Oh because I was awoken by Brendan's whiny voice coming from behind the door of my dorm room. 

Freaking Brendan Gack. 

Groaning I pull the pillow over my head. Either I can block out his voice or I can suffocate myself. I'll take either at this point. 

"PEYYTONNN." He hollers. 

I wish she hadn't given him a key to our building, I thank the lucky stars she didn't give him one to our dorm room though. 

"Opennnn the doooorrrr babygirllll." 

Oh my Gods this is the day I end it all for real. 

Sure I have to go teach a class and then head to the rink after but I am sure I can fit it somewhere in between. 

Turning I see it's six a.m. 

The man couldn't let me sleep for another hour and a half? I must've wronged someone so bad in my past life to deserve this. 

"Pleeeaaaseeeee" He calls out. 

I groan, chunking my pillow across the room. 

Reaching blind for my phone I send a text to Peyton... well multiple texts. 

Me: I hate u

Me: you owe me free ice cream later at the diner

Me: I was woken up by your whiny ass bf so I might strangle him just fyi

Me: then I will strangle you

Throwing my phone down on the bed I get up and head towards the door. 

He knocks again before I whip open the door. 

"Knock again and I'll kick you in the balls." I tell him and he stares past me, towards Peyton's bed. 

"Where's Peyton?" He asks. 

I shrug, "Not here."

He throws his hands up, "Well I see that, that's why I asked where she is."

I sigh. This is already a shit day and I haven't even brushed my hair yet. 

"I don't know, I'm not her keeper." I tell him. 

Naturally I would cover for Peyton but it's just getting old. 

I love her and she's my best friend but ever since high school I've been covering for her which isn't her fault it's his clingy over bearing personality. 

Still, I think it's hit a point where she just has to end it. It's clear as day something is going on with her and Phoenix, so why keep Brendan around when I know she wants to pursue something with Phoenix. 

It's also no longer fair on Phoenix. I see the way he looks at her and she might lose something that could be potentially amazing because of the hold Brendan has over her. 

It makes me hate him more. Brendan not Phoenix. 

"So you're telling me you let your best friend just go somewhere without your knowledge?"

I nod. 

I'm pretty sure she's at Phoenix's and I know I should've asked where she was last night but with everything else going on I got back to the dorm and passed out.