13-Oh Sh*t It's Our Song

Persephone

You ever just like know something bad is going to happen?

Like you feel it down to your bones that somethings going to go horribly wrong but you just can't pinpoint what that will be?

Well that's how I felt tonight as Peyton and I got ready to go to Swing the club Brendan is obsessed with. 

I haven't told her that I told Asa, he and Phoenix could come along. It might be a bit shitty of me but I knew she would protest especially when it came to Phoenix being there. 

I let Asa know two nights ago after I had gotten back from the rink. Peyton had been on her bed telling me that Brendan had told her she couldn't wear the dress she bought because it showed too much cleavage. 

Right after that conversation I texted Asa the address and the time we had planned on going. 

Brendan is meeting us there because he's driving from town and doesn't want to make a pitstop at the college first. 

Ok Brendan Gack like I wanted to ride in your pick up truck anyway. 

It smells like cigarettes and pineapples. 

No joke, I had to ride in it a few times in high school. It's one of those times where you have to take extremely light and shallow breaths to keep from gagging. 

"Ok let me go put on my dress." Peyton says as she gets up from her spot on the floor and heads to her wardrobe. 

I continue to apply mascara to my long lashes. 

My hair is already loosely curled and I put on the dress Peyton got for me the other day at the mall.

It's a dark blue spaghetti strap body con dress, the front has a crisscross cutout. Honestly I am in love.

I decided to also pair it with my black opened toed heels. 

Peyton walks over to me and shows me her outfit. 

It's a black velvet long sleeve dress with a straight neckline. She's wearing her black doc's with it and her hair is pin straight. Not the dress she originally chose but no less pretty. 

"I hope Brendan likes it." She says looking at herself in our floor length mirror. 

I hope Brendan falls into a ditch. 

"Well I love it." I say and she smiles, "Me too."

* * * 

We find a standing table and order drinks as we wait for Brendan and the guys to get here. 

"I am regretting wearing heels already." I say and Peyton gives me a pointed look, "Shut up you look so good right now, a little pain never hurt anyone."

"Umm it does, it hurts my feet really bad." I grumble. 

"Hey baby." Brendan says as he walks over to us and throws an arm around Peytons shoulder. 

He's wearing khaki pants and a mustard yellow polo. 

I stifle a whole laughing fit when I notice the stain on the left side of his shirt. 

I am pretty sure that's pizza sauce. I wouldn't judge if we were in the confinement's of home but at a club? 

His eyes take in my dress and he grimaces, "Seph, classy as always."

It's meant as an insult because unlike Peyton he can't tell me how to dress or make me feel belittled. 

"Same to you Brendan." I say giving him a nice big fake ass smile, "I especially love the pop of color, " I gesture to the sauce stain, "Adds a bit of flare to your outfit."