14-A Project With My Quarterback?

Persephone 

I wake up to a text from my dad. 

Dad: Dinner tonight. My apartment.

That scares me because well...we never eat at his apartment. 

Hell I haven't been there since I moved out of there and in to the dorms freshman year. 

It's also currently Tuesday, four days after the incident at the club.

The only message I have gotten from Asa since, was to let me know he and Phoenix were leaving the club. Since then though, complete radio silence. 

I would say it's nothing except I saw him in the quad yesterday. When I waved at him he pretended not to see me. 

I can't tell if he's avoiding me because of what went down between Phoenix and Brendan Gack, or if it has to do with the second almost kiss we shared. Well the second almost kiss we shared. 

Hell, it's probably a mixture of all of it. 

At least Peyton is open about her avoidance of Phoenix. He's texted her a few times and even came by the dorms but every time she tells him to get lost. 

I didn't realize they were that close to warrant all of this. 

Getting out of bed I head to the bathrooms before coming back to my room to change. 

I put on a pair of low waisted light wash flare jeans with rips at the knees and a long sleeve crop top.

"See you later." I tell Peyton as I leave the dorms. 

My first class, like usual is super slow and I find myself sort of nervous about my next class. 

The one I share with Asa. 

I know that whatever interaction we have will solidify whether or not he truly is avoiding me. 

Ugh, maybe I should have partnered with a complete stranger for this project. 

Once I get to my next class I sit in my seat and wait. 

I watch as students trickle in and take their seats throughout the room. 

When Asa finally walks through the lecture hall doors I see him scan the open seats. 

Then he walks up the stairs and to my surprise takes a seat beside me. 

"Hey." I say and he just nods, not looking in my direction. 

Wow is this how its going to be from now on?

"Well just to let you know I can't work on the project tonight but we can work on it Thursday." I let him know. 

He nods again, "Cool."

At least I got one word out of him. 

So not only do I know for sure he's avoiding me, he's doing it while sitting beside me. I really love it here. 

The whole class goes by and not a peep or a glance from him. 

When class is over he gets up quickly and darts out of the room.

This day sucks already, luckily I'm not missing a shoe. 

Once classes are over I head back to the dorms to do some school work until I have to leave to go to my dads apartment. 

"Are you staying in?" I ask Peyton as I sit down on my bed. 

She nods, seeming tired, "Yeah, have fun at your dads though."