15-Times Are Crazy

Persephone

I have had barely any time to process the news. 

My dad is getting married and to Miles' mom?

I'm not mad at my dad for moving on, I always want him to be happy. If Janet makes him happy then cool beans. 

What hurts is he waited a year to tell me he even had a girlfriend, and that they are as serious as marriage. 

The only thing keeping me from full blown freaking out is Miles doesn't know either. 

Of course once my dad told me the news he told me to try and keep it from Miles until the dinner in two weeks. 

Sometimes I wonder if my dad even knows me at all.

I can usually keep secrets unlike Peyton who will let it out the moment you back her into a corner.

Except its hard when its something this huge, like the fact that in a few short months Miles and I will become family. He'll be become my brother. 

Heck I don't even know his middle name and we are about to become siblings. 

I did tell Peyton right as I got home and she completely freaked saying how exciting weddings are. 

Then she went on to tell me I should tell Miles as if he won't just find out in two weeks but then she had a really good point. 

'You would be upset if he knew and didn't tell you until you.' she had said and she was right about that. I hate being the last to know things, especially things that important and life changing. 

Which is why I am so telling him. It's just news he would receive but a little earlier. 

Like when your package is supposed to arrive by a specific date but arrives earlier. 

It's still the same package just got to you faster. I guess it all depends though if he wants the news or not. I have no idea about his dad or the story behind it, dad told me that was up to Janet and Miles to tell me. Loser. 

"How are you guys going to work on your project if you aren't even speaking?" Peyton asks about Asa as I slip on my hoodie. 

I shrug, "I am speaking to him, he's not speaking to me."

It's Thursday so I am headed over there to work on our project. On Tuesday I had let him know I could do it Thursday and his one word answer 'cool' was the only thing he's said to me since Friday night. 

"So it's a one way communication right now?" She asks me, eyeing me closely. I don't like the feeling. 

I shrug again, "I guess so."

"Well, not that you asked or anything, but I took your advice and talked to Phoenix. We are all good now." She says with a smile as I slip on my shoes. 

"Really?"

"Yep, yesterday. Asa was at the house and he talked to me." She eyes me even closer if that's possible. Of course I give her the reaction she's looking for. 

I whip my head to face her, "He did?"

"Yeah, I mean he's not the most talkative but he asked how I was doing."

This guy is going to make me crazy. 

"Well he needs to get over whatever the hell is going on so we can finish this project." I say grabbing my bag and leaving the dorms. 

I like Asa, there is no denying that but he if doesn't feel the same, even on a friend level, I'm not going to face myself into his life. Once our project is done if he wants to be done with me so be it, honestly screw him.