32-Miss. Porter Looks Funny

Persephone 

I don't think I have stopped smiling since this morning. 

All the kids in my class are looking at me like I've got something on my face and maybe I do but I don't care. 

I just want today to get over with because tonight Asa is taking me on our first official date. 

Crazy we haven't gone on one of those yet but this morning we were talking and realized we haven't. 

Asa said we had to rectify that so tonight he has something special planned. I honestly don't care what it is, I'm going on a date with Asa, thats all that matters. 

"Miss. Porter looks funny." Tyler says from his seat and Kelly points a stern finger at him, "We don't say things like that, Tyler."

Mari shrugs from beside him, "He isn't lying today Mrs. Cartwright. Miss. Porter keeps smiling."

I didn't know smiling was a crime but I guess to a bunch of elementary kids it is. 

"What does have you all smiles?" Kelly asks after the class leaves for lunch. 

"My boyfriend and I are going on our first actual date tonight." I inform her and her face lights up, "Oh, I see. I remember those days. Have fun." She tells me. 

I finish the day and then head straight over to help Anna at the library for about two hours before heading back to my dorm to get ready. 

All Asa has texted me today is to dress however I felt most comfortable which was zero help at all. 

Like guys listen a girl never wants to be over or under dressed to any function. Just tell her when it's something fancier like a nice restaurant so she can doll herself up a bit or if it's to the movies so she knows jeans are appropriate. 

Staring at my closet I have no clue what to wear and it's stressing me the heck out. 

The worst part is Peyton isn't even here to guide me because she's working on her lab until late tonight. 

This sucks. 

Having to actually make decisions for myself, I go with something safe. I wear a black skirt with a slit on the side. It isn't a mini skirt but it isn't mormon length either. 

I pair it with a long sleeve red shirt with flowy sleeves and I wear my hair down. I wear Peyton's black heeled boots and put on a medium amount of make up. 

I think I spent so much time struggling on what to wear that when I check my phone I see I have multiple texts from Asa telling me he's waiting outside for me. 

Whoops. 

I grab my purse and I run my fingers through my hair one more time before heading out to meet him. 

He's leaning against his truck, with a bouquet of flowers in one hand. 

I take in the outfit he's wearing, jeans with a green knit sweater, damn my boyfriend looks so good. 

He takes in my outfit as well and I watch as he presses the heal of his palm into his heart, "Am I in heaven? Because baby you made my heart stop." 

I let out a snort, "Did you just use a pick up line on me Asa Brookes?"

He smiles, "I sure did Persephone Porter."

When I get closer to him he extends the flowers out to me, "For my lovely girlfriend."

I bring the flowers to my nose and sniff. 

"Thank you." I say before wrapping my arms around him in a hug.