12-A Club? I'm In

Persephone 

"We need to talk." I say sitting down on my bed. 

Peyton sighs as she crosses her legs in front of her, on her own bed. 

"Did you and Phoenix, you know?" I wiggle my brows and she shakes her head rapidly back and forth. 

"N-no we didn't I promise." She stutters. 

I have an inkling she's lying to me, or at least omitting something. No one who's innocent acts like that. 

I quirk an eyebrow, "Are you sure?"

She groans, running a hand through her blonde hair. 

"I know how it looks, trust me it looks baddd. I promise we didn't do anything he even slept on the floor." She defends. 

I give her a blank stare. 

"Phoenix slept on the floor so a girl could have his bed?" I ask and she nods, running her fingers through her blonde strands, "Yeah and I know how that sounds, but I would never lie to you."

We are pretty truthful with each other, besides Peyton - no matter how bad Brendan gets - would never cheat on him. 

She's too in love with him, sadly. 

"I believe you." I say and she lets out a breath of relief. 

"Good and before I forget next Friday Brendan wants us to go to this club a few minutes from campus." She rushes out in one breath. 

Another blank stare is thrown her way. 

"Why?"

She shrugs, "He just told me to invite you so we could all hang out together."

Odd

I don't think Brendan has ever initiated a hang out with all three of us and I feel like the odds would be even less after this morning and what he said to me. 

"Oh and my mom called earlier, her, my dad, and Baylor are coming down next month to visit." She says excitedly. 

She rarely gets to see her family so I know she's pumped. 

I've met her parents a few times and they are really nice, their priorities just weren't always in check. Especially when it came to taking care of their kids. 

We end up spending the rest of the day together before she has to go to work. 

* * * 

Tuesday night Asa and I have another study session at his place. 

We had decided to go back to his place during class earlier when I mentioned what room I was in. 

I guess he still has nightmares about Nikki's boyfriend chasing him through campus. 

I had sent Peyton a text earlier letting her know I'd be gone for a while and she sent me a thumbs up followed by another text letting me know her and Jada had to work on their lab anyway. 

When I get to the team house K.J. is the one to open the door. 

We haven't talked much but he seems cool. I know he's a senior and is a lot more mature than the rest of the guys that live here. 

"Asa's in the shower but you can wait down here until he's done." He says and I nod before taking a seat on the couch. 

Miles is sitting on the recliner playing some racing game on the tv, but he says a quick 'hi' never taking his eyes off the screen.