28-Introducing My Dad To My Boyfriend

Asa

I don't think I have ever been this nervous in my life. 

Sure I've known Adam Porter for the past three years but that was as my coach. 

As my girlfriends dad? That's new territory for me... well both of us. 

Percy told me some new information last night that she has only ever had one boyfriend meet her dad and he scared the poor kid so bad he couldn't even make eye contact with Percy ever again. 

I don't know why she felt the need to share that information the night before I'm meeting her dad in this context. It's like she wants me to shit myself. 

"You look like you're going to shit yourself." Phoenix's voice interrupts my thoughts. 

He's sitting on the recliner, a show is playing on the tv but he's staring at me. 

I rub my clammy hands on my jean clad thighs. Is it hot in here or is just me?

"Why do you look so nice?" Phoenix asks, "Got a hot date."

Miles claps my shoulder, "Yeah, a hot date with coach."

I groan and Phoenix laughs, "Oh shit you're meeting the father, no wonder you look two seconds from fainting." 

I flip him off but yeah I'm probably prone to fainting any minute. 

"Don't be so dramatic, Adam is a cool guy." Miles says and I shoot him a glare, "That's because coach is your future daddy, I'm just the guy his daughter is dating." I say because I know the moment coach puts two and two together he's going to blow up. 

And he won't lose it on his future step son that's for sure. It'll be at the captain of his team that he specially told not to go after his daughter. 

Well coach maybe you should've had a daughter with no personality and someone who wasn't my type. 

"You ready to go?" Miles asks and I nods, "Uh, yeah, sure."

"Do I get to be captain when he kills you?" Phoenix asks, "I really want that private bathroom."

I ignore him as I throw my jacket on over my sweater. 

"Come on, you don't think I could do it?" Phoenix shouts as we leave the house, "I could totally be captain."

"Fuck off." I say before the door shuts. 

* * * 

"Stop it." Percy swats my hands away from fiddling with the cuffs of my jacket. 

I felt it was best if Miles drove so Percy and I are sitting in the back seat of my truck and the closer we got to coaches apartment the more my anxiety started to sky rocket. 

I know Adam Porter but it was more than that. This is the first dad I've ever met for a girl, a girl who I am wildly into. 

I don't have good experience with dads, obviously, I mean I had two in my life and they were both shit. 

I think my fear is that Coach won't only think I am not good enough for his daughter but that I'm too much like my own. 

I know that's my fear anyway. 

We pull up outside the complex and Miles finds a spot to park in. As we head up I prepare myself for coaches wrath and for the reaming I know I'm about to get from him. 

As we walk down the hall, towards the apartment, Percy grabs my hand with hers, intertwining our fingers and giving my hand a gentle squeeze. 

"It's going to be ok." She tells me. I do hope she's right.