1-Class Interrupted

Persephone

I should've known the disaster the day would be the moment I couldn't find my left shoe. 

Yep I picked out my outfit yesterday and had planned to wear my chuck's with them, that was until I couldn't find one. 

How the heck do you lose a shoe in a dorm room?

I've searched both mine and my roommate Peyton's side of the room, yet it is no where to be found. 

I might have to put missing posters around campus. 

Missing: Persephone Porter's left shoe (look at image below) Reward - a coupon for a free medium pizza at Ralph's.

Removing my right shoe I throw on my black and white vans instead. 

It doesn't look right with these jeans but some times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. 

Grabbing my bag I head out of the dorm room but not before letting Peyton know about my shoe crisis through text. 

She sends me a string of emojis back and weirdly enough I understand what she's trying to say.

Things only go down hill from there. 

My first lecture of the day is a snooze fest. No literally I am pretty sure half the class was knocked out as Professor Wilkes droned on about...well I am not sure what exactly. 

On my way to my next class I stepped in a giant mud puddle.

R.I.P my shoes. 

Once I got to my next class I sit down in my normal seat in the lecture hall. 

This class is usually full and rarely has open seats which is why I try to get here as quick as possible. 

I hate having to sit in the first few rows and the back few are a pain as well. 

I can't hear or see anything from all the way back there. 

Most of the seats are filled by the time the professor enters the class, looking around I only see three available. 

Two are in the very back and one is the aisle seat beside me. 

"So today class we'll-" Poor Professor Graham can barely get four words in before the lecture hall doors burst open. 

Of course he's late. 

Asa Brookes walks in, his messy brown hair disheveled and is wearing a sweater that I am sure is inside out. 

"Shit sorry Mick my alarm wasn't going off." He says before scanning the room for what I assume is an open seat. 

Professor Graham waves him off, "It's ok Asa just don't let it become a habit."

Asa nods before making his way up the stairs. 

Just when I think he'll pass me and take one of the seats in the back he plops down beside me. 

His ocean scent hits me and I look over, sure enough his sweater is inside out. 

I hold in a laugh when I realize it's backwards too. 

"What?" Asa asks, his hazel eyes searching my face. 

I just shake my head, "Nothing, you just got a little-" I gesture to the tag below his chin. 

He looks down and curses before removing his sweater leaving him in a tight fitted red tee.

Ugh those football muscles, it's not fair.