18-He's Quite The Looker

Persephone

"Miss. Porter, Tyler licked my hand." Mari cries and I walk over to her. 

She has her hand extended as far away as she can from herself. She looks at her hand as if it's infected. 

"I did not Miss. Porter. Mari is lying, she's a big. fat. liar." he cries as well. 

Kelly had asked me to watch her class while she handled something in the office and she'd be back in fifteen minutes. 

It's only been three and clearly a lot has happened. 

"Mari why don't we head over to the sink so we can wash your hand ok?" I ask and she nods before using her free hand to wipe away her tears. 

"Miss. Porter I really didn't do it, tell Mari to stop lying." Tyler begs, stomping his foot as I lead Mari over to the sink. 

She sticks her hands under the water and I lather them in soap. 

How am I supposed to tell a six year old boy that I saw him lick her hand?

"Tyler, are you sure you didn't accidentally do it?" I ask and he shakes his head repeatedly. 

"I promise." That little liar. 

"Ok, but only if you're sure." I say and he nods, "I am."

"He's lying." Mari whispers in my ear. 

I give her a quick pat on the head, "Why don't you two get back to your drawings?" I say and just like that the incident is forgotten. 

Thank the heavens. 

* * *

The next day in class, Asa sits down beside me. 

He's wearing black sweat pants and a white hoodie. 

The weather has begun to get colder so I am wearing a jacket as well. 

"So Percy I was thinking we could actually go to the library tonight instead. This next part of our project we need to do some research on." He says setting his bag down in between his legs. 

I nod, "Yeah as long as we can get food after." I say. 

Peyton has cleared out all the food from our dorms because Nikki claims she saw a rat in the bathrooms and Peyton is worried they'll come to our room if they smell food. 

I can't even have my midnight snacks, which is quite depressing I must say. Now I wake up and I have to force myself to go back to sleep. Gross. 

"Sure thing, what about Ralphs?" He asks. 

"Oooh I love Ralphs." I say as my stomach growls and he laughs, "Ralphs it is then."

* * * 

After Asa finishes with his last class we meet up so he can drive us to the library. 

Why didn't I find a friend with a car ages ago? The money I am saving from not having to order Ubers almost daily is insane. 

"Hey, you have some glitter in your hair." Asa says trying to get it out for me. 

We just parked in front of the library and I haven't even unbuckled yet. 

"Shit really? I thought I got it all out last night." I say and he laughs as he finds another piece, slowly pulling it out of my hair. 

"How did you get glitter in your hair? Rolling in unicorn shit Percy?" He flicks the green glitter onto the ground. Ha now I'll be in here every time he drives.