38-Wedding Bells

Asa

Percy looked two seconds away from vomiting. 

Of course I look to my other side and Miles isn't looking that much better. 

The two of them are more nervous than I think the bride and groom are. 

"Percy, calm down." I say to her, grabbing her wrists to stop her pacing. 

She sighs, "I'm sorry, this is just a nerve-racking day."

"Why?" I ask her and she looks past my shoulder. 

"Because this is a big day for my dad. After my mom I never expected him to want to get married again and now that he is, I just want this to go well for him."

Fuck her big heart. I really am in love with this girl. 

A revelation I made not too long ago and one that scares the ever loving shit out of me. I can't be in love with her but at the same time I know it's no use in fighting it. 

She's managed to worm her way into my heart and without even realizing it I've let my guard down for her. 

My attention turns to Miles and I clap his shoulder, "What's got your panties in a twist?" I ask him. 

He groans, "What if coach gets cold feet and leaves my mom standing there? I don't want her sad and alone anymore."

"Hey, my dad would never do that." Percy says before furrowing her eyebrows, "Well, I think."

These two really need to stop worrying, we still have a few hours before the wedding and I'm sure neither of them got much sleep last night. 

It's time to call in the big guns. 

I pull out my phone and text Peyton to bring Percy into the suite so she can start getting ready. 

I know Mamma Foster and Coach decided since their kids were an extension of themselves they weren't allowed to see the opposite parent before the wedding but I think that's just stressing these two out even more. 

She shows up a few minutes later. 

"Come on Seph, lets get started." She pulls Percy away and that leaves me with one less person to calm down. 

"Come on, lets take a walk." I tell Miles and we head outside to the back garden of the venue. 

We walk side by side in silence for a bit until finally Miles speaks. 

"Do you think mom is really happy with Coach?" he asks and that takes me by surprise. 

I figured he could see the way she lights up when Coach enters a room. I never got it, I still freak a bit when he enters a room but she's just completely enamored with the guy. 

"I think so, yeah." I admit what I see when I look at the two of them. 

He nods, "Good." Blowing out a breath he continues, "It's just after everything with dad, I don't want her hurt again."

I don't know the full story with his dad but I know enough to get that he might have been a good dad to Miles but wasn't the best husband to his wife. 

Mamma Foster deserves the world and for some reason I believe coach is that guy. 

I could be biased based on the daughter he raised but oh well. 

Speaking of Percy, I wonder how she's doing.

Persephone

Nothing is going right.