22-Clearing The Air

Persephone

Asa and I haven't spoken since the after party almost a week ago. 

Even after the whole performance at the club he didn't contact me, remaining stubborn as ever. I think he forgot that's supposed to be my job. 

It is Thursday and we have class together. Well that is if he shows up. 

He didn't show up to Tuesdays class and I even sucked up my pride and texted him. 

Asa never replied. 

I feel like we have done this dance before. After the club incident he had acted weird. 

I thought we had moved passed it, grown from it, but clearly not.

If he is worried that kiss caused me to fall for him he'd be wrong. 

I fell for him way before that kiss. 

Seriously if he thinks a kiss would change my feelings  - whether I liked him or not - then Peyton is right. 

Men are stupid. 

I mean this isn't some weird Disney movie where one kiss makes you fall madly in love with someone. 

If that were the case this world would be scarily different. 

Imagine a kiss determining your feelings for someone. I mean yeah it's a good thing if they are an amazing kisser but I like Asa for way more than that. 

His dimples obviously play a huge part in it. 

Just kidding but they help, a lot. 

I love that he reads. That I read too and I can steal his books whenever I want and he won't stop me. That when I want to have a conversation about a book he can hold said conversation. 

Oh and the way he fidgets with his chain whenever he is trying to figure something out for our project. 

He makes a killer strawberry milkshake, just enough sweet that it doesn't taste like I am swallowing a spoon full of strawberry syrup. 

Oh and like a million other things, like how I never feel nervous around him. Like I might say or do the wrong thing. 

Ugh why does he have to be such a little bitch and ignore me I miss him. And just like last time it sucks because it isn't something I can actually fix. 

I sit up straighter in my seat when I see him walk into the lecture hall. 

He doesn't meet my gaze as he sits beside me. 

"Hey." I say and he just nods at me. I roll my eyes, here we go again. 

"So when do you think we should work on the project. With my schedule at the school I want to make sure we make time to work on it." I begin to ramble, "I know with the season and practice you are busy too but I am free tonight if you want to work on it."

He shrugs and I take that as a yes. Why is he so infuriating? 

* * * 

That night when I am sitting on his bed I decide to clear the air. This whole thing is so dramatic, it was just one kiss. 

"What is up your butt?" I ask him. 

His quirks an eyebrow, "What?"

"The kiss that made you run like I was about to insist we get married." I say and he rolls his eyes, "I didn't run."

"I beg to differ." 

I definitely saw him put some pep in his step. 

"I didn't run it just surprised me that's all." He weakly defends.