24-Tiny Terrors

Persephone 

"Miss. Porter, Tyler said I'm dying." Mari says and I walk over to her. 

She's cradling her small elbow in her hands and looks as if she's on the verge of tears. 

My gaze snaps over to Tyler who just gives me a shrug, "My mom said that red bumps are diseases and diseases make people sick."

I look at her elbow to see a mosquito bite. 

"You'll be ok." I tell her and Tyler frowns, "That's a lie."

"No if Miss. Porter said I'm fine then I'm fine." Mari argues. 

Tyler rolls his eyes, "Miss. Porter is a teacher not a doctor, my moms a doctor."

"Yeah a pet doctor." Mari snaps back.

This argument goes on until finally Tyler says he wants to take a nap. 

Kids are so complicated and uncomplicated at the same time. 

I grant him his wish because at least then he won't be talking. Yeah, working with kids is the best, note the sarcasm.

* * * 

Back at the dorm that night I find Peyton scrolling through her phone. 

"What are you up to?" She asks as I grab everything I need for a shower. 

Asa and I's adventure in the closet - that's what I'm calling it - was supposed to be continued. 

Sadly it had to be postponed because Phoenix had needed Asa for some big emergency, one Asa was sworn to secrecy not to repeat. 

Instead we decided I would come over tonight, for what I am not sure. 

Realistically I am down for anything with Asa as long as he's open with me. I don't even care if we spend the whole night talking I just want to be around him. 

I wouldn't hate it though if he kissed me again...or if it lead to other things. 

"Showering." I tell her and her eyes narrow.

"For? You showered this morning."

I shrug, "I feel like showering again."

Then before she can ask any more questions that would eventually lead to me confessing what happened in the storage room, I leave our dorm room and head towards the bathrooms. 

I decide to play it safe in the shower and shave everything. I don't know what we are going to be doing but I would rather be safe than sorry. 

After my shower I use my favorite lotion all over before blow drying and straightening my hair. I put on some light make up before heading back to my room. 

Of course when I walk inside Peyton is sitting up in her bed staring me down. I'm pretty sure she's been like that for a while now, awaiting my return.

"Spill."

I groan as I open the closet door to sort for some clothes. 

"Sephhhhh." She sings. 

"I'm going over to Asa's ok?" I say and a bright smile takes over her face. 

"And what led to this? I know it's a more than just a friend thing."

"Wemighthavekissedagain." I say super fast and her eyebrows shoot up, "Mind repeating that?"

I shake my head, returning back to the closet, "You heard me."

"I don't think I did, what was that again?" She giggles.