29-Escape Room

Persephone 

"Happy birthday!" I shout over Peyton's sleeping form. 

She gets up in a startle almost smacking her head against mine. 

"Seriously Seph? It's eight a.m." She groans and I laugh. 

"So get up we have a busy day ahead of us." I tell her as I move away from her bed to collect what I need for a shower. 

I have the whole day planned. First Peyton and I are going to her favorite pancake place we discovered freshman year, then we have the escape room, then finally dinner underwater. 

"Start getting ready Pey, it's a big day." I tell her before leaving the room. Haha, I rhymed. 

She grumbles, throwing the blanket over her face. 

By the time I get back from my shower she's got everything ready for her own shower. 

"I can't believe you made me get up this early on my birthday." She grumbles and I just send her a wide smile. 

"It's worth it trust me." I tell her and she rolls her eyes as she disappears out of the room. 

I remove my towel from my hair and pin it up with a clip as I get dressed in a pair of jeans, a long sleeve top and my converse. 

I do my makeup quickly before taking my hair down, just as I begin to dry it Peyton walks in. 

"What's our first stop today?" She asks and I shake my head, "It's a secret."

"We're going to Pancake World aren't we?" She asks and I shrug. 

Sure she got that part but what she doesn't know is that a certain someone is going to be waiting on us there. 

I decide to curl my hair and Peyton does the same. She gets dressed and then we grab our clothes for the dinner tonight and head out. 

"Are the guys meeting us there?" She asks and I shake my head. 

Asa and the guys have a morning practice today but are going to be done in time for the escape room. 

This someone else I am sure she'll love to see though. 

We wait outside for our uber and Peyton shivers from the cold, "I think once I graduate I need to move to a warmer state."

That makes me laugh, "It's not warm enough for you in the ninety degree summer?" She shakes her head, "Not when it's as cold as thirty in the winter."

True that, but it's better than getting down to the negatives.

Our über arrives and we head to the breakfast spot. 

The moment we walk inside someone yells surprise from the booth. 

"Baylor?" Peyton squeals before running and hugging her sister. 

I know they just saw each other not too long ago but I also knew how much she would love to have her sister here. I knew Baylor would be able to make it for some weeks now but I kept it from Peyton. 

I'm still worried about her meeting K.J. though. I have no doubt in my mind she'll try to get with him while she's here for the weekend. All I hope for is that K.J. is as loyal as he seems to be for his girl. 

"I can't believe you're here." Peyton says and Baylor shrugs, "Where else would I be for my little sisters birthday?" 

We all sit down in the booth and order our food. I let Baylor and Peyton catch up as I text Phoenix to make sure we're all set for the rest of the day.