19-Thanks For Throwing Me Under The Bus Janet

Persephone 

This weekend we have another home game. I also have the dinner with my dad, Janet, and Miles. 

Yep the dinner is Friday night, the game is Saturday afternoon and a party at the team house that night. 

I'm surprised my dad chose the night before a game to drop the bomb on Miles but hey it's his player. 

Oh and with how hectic everything has been I haven't told Miles about us becoming brother and sister. Now I feel like it's too late and I should just let dad and Janet tell him. 

It's currently Thursday and I am sitting in class listening to Asa as he tells me about how much he hates our opponents this weekend. 

Turns out they all hate the Longhorns.

"Hey, you should come to the after party Saturday night." He says and I turn to look at him. 

"A personal invite? Should I feel honored?" I ask and he nods, "Super, you know how many girls would kill for me to invite them?"

I laugh, "Oh god Asa, be careful your ego is showing."

He chuckles and Professor Graham walks in to start the class. 

With my track record at these parties, given I've only gone to one, I don't know if this night will end on a good note or a bad one. 

* * * 

"Should I wear the pink dress or the green one?" I ask Peyton as I hold both of them in front of me. 

She's currently laying on her stomach across her bed. She looks between the two dresses before pointing to the pink one. 

"That one, you will look so cute. Totally screams 'meet your new mommy.'"

I glare at her but put the pink one on anyways. It's a lot more conservation than the green one, especially given the fact that we're going to a restaurant so I think it's the right choice for the occasion. 

My hair is straightened and I am wearing a light amount of make up. 

I still feel a bit bad for not notifying Miles about this. From what I heard he thinks his mom is only in town because of the game, poor dude he's about to be completely blindsided. Yeah I think I feel more than a bit bad about this. 

"Are you nervous?" Peyton asks as I slip on my white heels. 

I shake my head, "I've met both Janet and Miles, I am sure the dinner will go amazing."

* * * 

The dinner in fact did not go amazing. 

First of all we had it in a restaurant, one where mostly all they served is shellfish. 

I'm allergic to shellfish. 

Then when Janet and dad dropped the bomb on Miles he flipped. Like worse than I expected when I considered worse case scenarios. 

"So we have been seeing each other for some time and, we're getting married." Janet said as she flashed her ring for Miles and I to see. 

"Oh it's so pretty." I had said looking at the ring. 

Miles had been eerily silent. So unlike him that I was a bit unnerved. 

"So what do you guys think? I know this is a big change but we really are happy." Janet said and I smiled. 

"I think it's really cool." I say, trying to dissipate the tension and my dad gives me an appreciative smile. 

"Good, I think having this extra time probably helped you wrap your head around it." She said, that got Miles' attention. Thanks for throwing me under the bus Janet.