Chapter 2

Y/n's pov.:

,,Mr. Blue?,, the vicar asked again and you shake your head. You hear Brandon sigh and see him rub his eyes in frustration. ,,Since you have just arrived today I will let it slide this time, but learn the rules we have. Those who refuse to take part in standard practices will be punished. Miss Adams care to say grace?,,.

Your heartbeat normalises as everyone's attention goes to the next student. ,,I would love to father,, she says and you see William roll his eyes. ,,May this food restore our strength, giving new energy to tired limbs, new thoughts to weary minds. May this drink restore our souls, giving new vision to dry spirits, new warmth to cold hearts. And once refreshed, may we give new pleasure to you, who gives us all,, everyone quietly says 'amen' and starts eating.

Dinner was terrifying, but Brandon was right. Nobody dared to talk or even let out a simple noise. You finish your soup about half when you decided it was enough. You feel a slight kick to your leg and glare at the twat in front of you. ,,Eat. There won't be any more food later,, you kick him back, but harder. ,,Suit yourself,, he mutters.

You push your bowl toward the beanstalks and they are quick to thank you. It takes a while for everyone to finish, but you just think to yourself. The vicar finally excuses everyone for free time before lights out. You were about to head back, when Brandon pulled you to the side ,,Come with me, I want to show you something,,. Not really having a choice, you follow him and William to a secluded spot far away from the main building by a big wall. ,,Take out your phone,, you look at him confused, but he insisted. You took it out and still look at him confused. ,,We hang out here sometimes. This wall is the edge of the grounds and because it's so far away nobody comes here. It's also....,, he taps your phone screen so it lights up ,,.....the only other place with signal,, you gasp at the sight of notification finally arriving. ,,You know the way back?,, you nod. ,,Curfew is at 9. If you're late, you'll be locked out,, you wait till they're completely gone before reading all the notifications.

Missed messages from friends, emails from teachers and a few missed calls from your cousin. You ignore all those hit the call button. It rings a few times before you hear a familiar voice ,,Hello?,,. There was a lot of background noise that sounded like he was at a party.

,,Jared?,, you ask with a small voice.

It shuffles a bit on his side and then the noise quiet down ,,H- Hey baby, how are you doing? Your parents must be taking it pretty badly if you're grounded for this long,,. You don't say anything ,,Y/n?,,.

,,Jared they sent me to-/,, you were cut off by his side going noisy again.

,,Alright! I'll be out in a second. Listen baby, I really need to go back. Can we talk in school?,, your heart clenched.

,,I- I won't be in school anymore. Can I call you tomorrow?,, you ask.

,,Tomorrow would have worked only in school, because Sayori is having her birthday party. Call me Tuesday, then you got my full attention, ok baby?,, he laughs at something, but you don't know what.

,,Ok, I lo-/,, the line cut off before you could finish. You sigh and reply to the messages before deciding it's too cold and head back.

--------------------------------------------------
Brandon's pov.:

You both leave Y/n to handle his business. You head to the activities room where Voltiaere is already waiting for you both ,,You're late,,.

You roll eyes and grab a cue. ,,We showed the new kid where to get phone signal. He looked like he needed to talk to a few people,, you shoot the first shot, but don't get any balls in the pockets. You made way for Voltiaere to make his shot ,,You seemed to have a good first impression with him with telling him to eat and what not,,.

He shoots his shot and turns to you ,,Solids. As for the boy, I was just reminding him of the rules. Have you taught them to him yet?,, he shoots again and pockets two more.

,,Of course, you were. No and why do I even bother playing with you if you're just going to pocket them all!?,, he turns to you with his stupid smirk and just moves to the side.

You aim for the 1-ball, but miss ,,Why do I play pool with you if you're just going to miss?,,.

You roll your eyes and sit next to William giving him the cue ,,Back to you, seriously now what do you think of him?,,.

He shot but missed which was weird for him ,,What do you want me to think? He's new and I haven't heard him say a single word,,.

,,There is that. He doesn't talk and I am not allowed to ask why. Even that he wrote on a piece of paper,, you're frustrated that it had to come to that and you don't even know him for more than a few hours.

,,He sounds like he'll just fly by,,.

,,He sounds like a nuisance,, you wanted to grab a cue and throw it at Voltiaere.

,,It looks like he'll break and very quickly for the fact. Jesus you two, both of you don't know how to read people,, they both just shrug and continue playing.

,,Alright fine, so he's fragile and might cry. He's not the first and he won't be the last, what's it to you?,, William asked.

,,I don't know. Maybe because he's my roommate and I'll witness the spiral towards insanity, once again,, you mumble the last part and they both look at you. ,,Whatever, why should I care, right?,.

Voltiaere shoots for the 8-ball and easily pockets it then turns to you ,,Don't get too attached. If he is already this much trouble after a couple of hours then he'll be more trouble by the end of Tuesday,,.

You scoff at him ,,You saw his file?,,.

,,Among the two other students that arrived as well. Why? You see his schedule? I'm also guessing you showed him where to go already?,, you glare at him. ,,Like I said, don't get too attached. It will just cause trouble and pain for yourself,, he puts the cue away and leaves to do whatever.

,,Do you think?,, you nod knowing what William would have asked.

,,Don't mention anything. Let's see how it turns out, might be interesting,,.