Chapter 25

Y/n pov.:

,,Would you like to go through the shops before they close for Christmas and boxing day?,, he asked you.

,,Why? Is there a group going out?,, you ask with a full mouth.

,,No, just the two of us,, you choke on your food as soon as he said that.

,,I thought-....I thought we are still grounded?,, he pats your back with a chuckle as you sip some water trying to collect yourself.

,,Yes, we were. I called around, pulled some strings and now we're not,, he said as if it were that simple.

,,Voltiaere, what did you do this time?,, you ask whining.

,,Nothing, bad,, your eyes go wide as you punch him. ,,Ow! How do your punches hurt?,, he rubbed his arm as you rolled your eyes.

,,What did you do? I swear Volt, if I get into more trouble. I will-,,.

,,Alright, calm down tweety. No, you will not have trouble. I called my father and spouted some nonsense about uncle not wanting me to go to the hospital anymore. You I got free by calling my brother. Lord knows I don't like my father, but even he should have mercy when my brother is mad about something,, he continues to eat his breakfast. ,,So, you want to go or not?,, he asked.

You nod ,,But I want to go to the hospital too,,.

His chewing stops for a moment as he thinks about something ,,Alright,,.

You decide to ignore his weird behaviour and are excited to leave the school again. You finish your breakfast early so you can get ready to leave. You do the standard and wear your everyday clothes. You look in the mirror, but something seems off.

,,You ready to leave?,, Voltiaere asked as he walked in after knocking.

,,Do I look weird?,, his expression quickly turns to confusion.

,,Where is this coming from?,, he asked.

,,Oh my lord! I do, don't I!?,, you whine as you turn to look at yourself.

,,Wha- I did not say that!,, he follows you to your bathroom.

,,But you meant it! You answered my question with another question, meaning you were avoiding the answer! You think I look weird,, you whine again.

,,Ok, let me ask you another question then, which is completely unrelated to your question. Why do you think-,,.

,,You think it too!,, you interrupted him with and he sighed.

,,Ok, why do you think that I think you look weird? Which I don't by the way!,, he tried to clarify.

,,Because,, you breathe. ,,Well because I do!,, he pauses for a moment, clearly thinking of what he should say next.

,,Ok, I think you have been stuck here for way to long and you need to get out,, you were about to say something, but he stopped you. ,,Darling, you look fine. Better than fine, you look....perfect,, he whispered the last part.

,,Oh stop it! Let's just go,, you walk out of the bathroom. ,,And stop calling me darling! One, it makes me seem like a girl! Two, what if someone hears you!?,, you whisper angrily, but he just smirks.

,,Don't worry, they think I'm just teasing you. Also...,, he walked up to you a raked his fingers through your hair. ,,....I know you love it when I call you darling,, you wanted nothing more than to cuddle up to him like some stray cat. ,,You now ready to go?,, but that snapped you out if your thoughts as you take two steps back.

,,Yeah, sure,, you clear your throat and let him lead the way. *Way to go you mumbling idiot. You were supposed keep space between you, not become his personal kitten* you huff as you follow him to his car.

,,Ah! Mr. Blue and Mr. Phantom! Good that I caught you two before you leave,, you both sigh and share a look before turning towards the vicar.

*Why does he always do this?* he walks up to oddly happy. *Now being a cat doesn't sound so bad. I could jump in front of a car without others being concerned if it goes peep tom* your thoughts get interrupted by the vicar handing you both a piece of paper.

,,As you both know not all of our students left for the holidays and this is the churches program for both Christmas eve and day,, you both hum clearly not interested.

,,Uncle, as much as Mrs. Freedman's Christmas dinner extravaganza sound irresistible, I cannot go. Father's newest wife apparently makes the best three meats out there,, he pushes the paper back at the vicar and turns to leave.

,,You're not going to be here for Christmas?,, you and the vicar ask at the same time.

He looks at you both confused ,,Yes. I told you and even signed the paper work and I'm sure I told you,, he said turning to you.

,,N- No you didn't!,, you felt kind off hurt that he didn't tell you. *Although we didn't talk for more than a week* you try to justify.

,,Ah, right. I completely forgot. Oh well, such a shame. Though, I am sure Mr. Blue will have the time of his life this Christmas,, he smiles.

,,Yeah....sure,, you can only say. The vicar leaves calling after his next victim. Voltiaere just rolls his eyes and walks off.

,,Hey, did you really thought you told me or was it a distraction method? Never mind, I know you aren't that stupid. When were you going to tell me, you are leaving me in this hell hole alone over Christmas?,, you finally ask as he unlocks the car.

,,Are you mad at me?,, he asks back. You roll your eyes and enter the car. Voltiaere pauses for a moment and then enters the car. You both buckle in and he drives off.

Neither of you say anything *Great, now he's angry with me. Why do I always ruin everything?*.

Your thoughts get interrupted by something white in your view. You focus back and see a hot drink in front of you ,,What is this?,,.

He sighs ,,It was supposed to be me surprising you with your favourite drink, but now it is more of an apology for not asking you sooner,,.

You take drink ,,Ask me what?,,.

,,Turn the cup to where the name is supposed to be,, he says.

You do as he says and feel some butterflies in your gut. Where the name was supposed to be was the question 'Will you spend Christmas with me?'. ,,Damnit Voltiaere! Why?,, you whine close to tears.

,,Listen, I know everything isn't perfect and roses with us and everything around us says it's bad if we were to be in a relationship, but I really like you and I hope you still like me?,, he asked with a chuckle.

,,Of course I still like you, you mumbling prick. And if we were in a relationship, do you think it would really work out?,, you ask not really being able to look at him.

,,Darling,...,, he puts the drink aside and takes your hands in his. ,,...that is a question I cannot answer, but just so you know I will do everything in my power so it does,,.

You pause for a moment just enjoying his thumbs over your knuckles ,,Ok,,.

He squeezes your hands a bit ,,Now, what do you say about Christmas?,,.