Chapter 24

Y/n's pov.:

,,What?,, you asked still a bit in disbelief.

He nodded with a hum. ,,My first two years here I was put in conversion with the seniors, because the vicar definitely couldn't have his own nephew possibly liking boys,, you were in shock that the vicar was even so cruel towards his own family.

,,Possibly!? So, you-....you were put in there....,, you couldn't finish your sentence as you started crying again.

,,It's not that I didn't, just uncle never knew at the time. Why are you crying again?,, he chuckled pulling you in for another hug.

,,B- Because it's horrible and I am n- not helping and I hate this school and and....,, you want to say more, but you are struggling to breathe.

,,Y/n,, he moved down a bit, so you were face to face. ,,Darling, I need you to breath slowly. You'll make yourself go in a panic,, his thumb strokes your face as he demonstrates how to breath. ,,It's okay,, he whispered. ,,I'm okay and I am sure you'll be okay. You know how I am sure?,, you shake your head now being able to breath. ,,Because,...,, he started stroking your hair. ,,...not only are you one of the strongest people I know, but you also have Brandon, William and me to help you when you need. No matter what,, he whispered.

You just realise now how close to your face he has gotten ,,Promise?,,.

He links his pinkie with yours ,,Always darling,,. You are not sure if you should trust him on that promise or not, but right now you were to drained to care for anything. You cuddle up to him hiding your face in his neck and enjoying the comfort. ,,Y/n?,, you hum in reply. ,,I really want to kiss you,, he whispered.

,,I know,, you answer not moving from your spot. Hearing him sigh you feel him tighten his hold around you. *Me too* you wanted to say. Not long after you fell asleep.

,,Darling. You need to wake up and get some breakfast before they pack it away,, you hear him say for the second time in the morning.

,,Voltiaere shut up and let me sleep,, you say hugging your pillow.

You hear him chuckle and feel him rub your back. ,,You haven't eaten properly in the past few days and I am definitely not letting you start skipping meals,, you don't say anything in hopes he leaves you alone. ,,Also, darling? Your kind of crushing me,, you open your eyes only to realise your pillow is not a pillow.

,,Oh yeah,, you let go of him. ,,Sorry,, he chuckles and put his cold hands on your blushing cheeks.

,,It's alright. Now, let us eat,, he says as he got up from your bed.

,,I hate that you are a morning person,, you say as you walk into the bathroom.

,,Not a morning person. You just give me energy,, you smack his head.

,,Stop saying sh*t like that! What if someone heard you!? No go get dressed and let me get ready,, you angrily say to him. He teasingly got close to your face and crouched down. *Stupid tall pr*ck* though you refrain from telling him that.

,,You know you are not only cute when you are blushing, but you trying to be angry as well is an added bonus. My insides are all mush,, you resist the urge to slap him then and there.

,,Voltiaere,, he hums with his stupid smirk. ,,Leave before I murder you in cold blood and hide you where no one can find you. Trust me, I watch true crime. I know everything,, he chuckles, but you are dead serious at this point.

,,Fine. I will see you at breakfast,, he kissed your cheek and left you a blushing mess.

,,I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss cold and distant Voltiaere. Way less complicated,, you sigh trying to calm yourself.

Walking into the bathroom you think about what just happened. *He likes me. I like him. We have friends together* the answer was clear, but you still had a bad feeling about it.

Finishing your routing you put on your normal clothes and head downstairs. You sit in front of Voltiaere, who had already arrived. ,,Y/n, you're here. Shall we eat?,, he asked.

Your gut churned at him calling you by your name instead of his nickname for you ,,Yeah, sure,, , but you now realised why you had that bad gut feeling. *Would it work with us?* you wonder.