Chapter 36

A/n: Sorry for the long wait. After this chapter upload I will try to upload regularly again with Sunday being the preferred day.

Voltiaere's pov.

,,I don't want to!" he whines and turned away. You sigh in frustration and see him starting to pout. ,,I don't like it. It's yucky,, he mumbles.

,,Darling, I understand that you don't like it, but you have a cold and need to take it. So, either you take it, or I will go to gran and tell her you're refusing to cooperate,, his pout depends at your ultimatum, but luckily for you, he chooses the easier option. Grumbling as he is sitting up you can see the pain he is in. You bring the syringe of Calpol to his mouth before filling it up again repeating your actions. Y/n cringes at the sharp strawberry taste as you quickly grab him a drink of water. ,,There. You should start to feel better in a half an hour,, you whisper whishing it would help him now.

,,Can we cuddle, please?,, he asked as he is laying back down.

,,Of course, darling,, you say still in a whisper as too loud of a noise would hurt his ears. You get up to lock the door. Even though there are barely any student in the school, as they are still spending time with their families , you were never one to take any risks, sober that is.

Going back, you lay there with Y/n all day trying not to hug him to hard, as he explained quite enough times that everything hurt. ,,I swear to God, I can feel you dying to say I told you so,, he suddenly said.

,,I have no idea what you mean darling,, you try to defend, but you fail miserably to hide your smirk.

,,Well, I did tell you to stop rolling around the snow with Artie otherwise you will get a cold. And now...,, before he could go on his usual chihuahua tangent there was a loud knock on the door.

,,Voltiaere, open this door this instance!,, Y/n springs up in panic at the voice of your uncle.

,,Shh, everything will be ok. Just lay here and relax. I will deal with him,, you say as you pull him back down on the bed. Reluctantly, you leave the comfort source and unlock the door to squeeze outside.

,,What are you hiding?,, your uncle asked instantly.

,,Nothing,, you answer calmly.

,,If you are hiding nothing, then why did I have three hour- long conversations on the phone with your mother, your father and your gran about you!?,, he asks clearly mad about something someone said.

*What lies have my parents told you now* you wondered as even your gran had a long phone call with him. ,,I hope they were that long since you are her brother-in-law, his brother and her son and you all finally caught up and talked about goof times with each other,, you sarcastically say knowing that is not the case.

,,Don't you dare sass me son! You know exactly what you mother and father told me!,,.

,,Then tell me about your discussion with gran, because I am guessing she gave you quite the tongue lashing as I expect,, he takes a step closer towards you clearly angry by your attitude.

,,Get that thing out of your room. I do not care how sick you claim he is, he is not your roommate and this is cause for suspicion. And don't you think I am letting this slide. What your mother and father told me is another cause to suspect relapse. You will be investigated for this and his test will automatically fail as he goes into the next conversion unit,,.

,,You can't do that,,.

,,I can and I will. I think you sometimes forget who I am,,.

,,The devil reborn,, you whisper as he leaves. Sighing you walk back in seeing Y/n already sitting up. ,,How are you that good at eavesdropping?,, you ask after you see the hurt on his face. He mumbles something out, that you don't understand, so you walk up and sit next to him. ,,Darling, you need to repeat what you said, because I couldn't understand anything you just said,, you say.

,,The next conversion is electro therapy,, he says scared with tears falling from his eyes.

You pull him into a hug and kiss his forehead. ,,Oh darling, I terribly sorry,,.

,,This therapy type is a new method we have just been introduced to. It is an electrical circuit machine that will alter your brain waves,, the vicar said way to happy.

,,How is this safe?,, you ask in disbelief that they would practice this on people, let alone young adults.

,,It has been tested and proven to be-/,,

,,By whom!? The church!?,, you interrupt still not believing that he is advocating this.

,,Mr. Phantom, I suggest you be quiet before we must punish you with an extra session,, the vicar says while proving your point with the safety of this conversion method.

,,As I was saying, you all will be under a mild electrical shock as your brain waves will be altered. Now, shall we start? How about with you Mr. Phantom,, he asked turning to look at you again, but you knew it wasn't a question. Getting up with a sigh, you walk over and lie down on the table as they wrap the leather straps around your heads. ,,As you all can see, we will bound you, just in case, so none of you bite yourself or spasm somewhere of the table. You can begin now,, he said to the nurse and then it began.

Your own body was an entity you couldn't control anymore. Your mind felt like a thousand needles where inserted, wiggled around and ripped out repeatedly. You tried to scream, but you didn't even know if anything was coming out. Then it stopped. The clapping and voice of your uncle sounded like background noise. You were guided back to your seat. ,,Hey, you okay,, your friend asked you, but you couldn't answer. You just layed your head on your desk wanting to throw up.

,,Mr. Papa, you're up next,, was all you heard before passing out. You later woke up to the four of you in the nurse's office on the hospital beds. It took you a while to recover, but eventually you did. Sadly others weren't as lucky as you.

,,You don't secretly have any heart, lung, or nervous system problems by any chance, do you?,, you ask.

,,No. Why?,, he asked clearly confused.

,,Just asking,, you shrug off as you give him a peck. Lucky for you, something as simple as that can distract him easily. ,,Now let's get you back to your room, so you can sleep, and uncle can leave us alone,, you help him walk to his still empty room, as Brandon is gone for another week, and tuck him in bed. You wait till he is asleep before you leave back to your room where you wallow in guilt from keeping information from Y/n. *I can't tell you about her. It would scare you too much. I need to make sure you stay strong during this quarter. You can't go into the final one*.