Chapter 35

Anyone get the reference? Also, sorry but another jumpy chapter.

Y/n's pov.:

Voltiaere walked up to you and stood between you and his mother. ,,Don't you see Voltiaere! He is plaguing your mind!,, she tried to defend.

,,I'd appreciate if you would stop accusing my friends of doing something they are not. Just because you have your delusional fears, does not mean they are true,, Voltiaere's voice slightly raised as he was losing his composure through his anger.

,,Don't speak to me that way! I am your mother! I gave you life! And you should listen to me when I say your friends are bad for you!,, she shouted.

,,That is my decision to make, or do you honestly think I am the three-year-old you started leaving with gran,,.

,,I had to go to work for us! We needed money for food,,.

,,I needed money for food, you used it all on first your pills addiction, then alcohol, then heroin and probably something else now,, everything stopped when the slap that Voltiaere just got echoed through the Kitchen.

,,Wincey! Enough!,, his gran shouted. Voltiaere just chuckled at the situation.

,,Interesting. I've never had the both of you slap me over one visit. It balances it out as you always slap on the left,, his free hand rubs his cheek.

,,You ungrateful little sh*t! Continue like this and you will burn in hell!,, she warns Voltiaere before turning to you. ,,And you...,, she takes a step closer towards you, but Voltiaere still blocks her. ,,...will die for your sins one way or another!,, she storms off out of the house grabbing just her jacket and purse.

There was deafening silence throughout the little home. ,,I'll...go make us some tea,, Voltiaere's gran said and walked off.

Voltiaere sighs not turning around. You wrap your arms around him laying your head on his back. ,,I'm sorry,, you whisper.

He turns to you with your arms still wrapped around him and wipes the tears that landed on your cheeks. ,,I'm okay. It's okay darling. Are you?,, he asked in the same volume as you. You nod hugging him again. ,,Why don't you go to bed? I'll join you in a minute,, you shake your head and tighten your grip around him.

,,I am not leaving you alone,, he chuckles a bit and you whine.

,,My little darling puppy,, his thumb caresses your cheek.

,,Why don't you two go to the Stone-Meier by yourselves? Then you two can relax for once. Don't worry about Robert and Wincey, I'll deal with them,, the both of you turn to her as she is standing in the doorway.

,,You su-,,.

,,Positive. I think it is exactly what you need,, she answered cutting Voltiaere off. ,,At least think and talk about it. It will really do you both good,, and that is exactly what you both did.

You and Voltiaere both went back to bed again to pretend the outside world doesn't exist. ,,And you are sure you are ok with it,, you nod smiling.

Later, Voltiaere went downstairs to let his gran know and before you knew it, the both of you were getting ready to leave for new year's. ,,I understand it is New Years, but please do not stay out too late. I wouldn't want a repeat of two years ago,, his gran said.

,,What happened two years ago?,, you ask.

,,Nothing important to worry your little head about,, Voltiaere tried to shrug off, but his gran didn't let him.

,,He was outside for too long and his body tempature dropped too low,, she explained.

,,Oh my- Voltiaere!,, you turn to him, but he still tries to shrug you off.

,,It is fine darling. I am fine and I haven't gotten that drunk since then. Now goodbye gran and Happy New Year!,, he explained and pushed you out.

Taking Archie with you, the both of you agreed to walk to the Stone-Meier. ,,So....you want to tell me what happened?,, you ask breaking the silence. ,,It is okay if you don't want to,, you add after hearing Voltiaere sigh.

,,Long story short, it was similar to this visit. We were visiting my aunt, who was about an hour away, and my mother and father just wouldn't stop. They kept pestering me about a friend I had lost years before and it just.... spiralled out of control,, you stay silent and let him continue. ,,I know you have noticed, and I appreciate you holding back,, he says turning to you.

,,Don't force yourself please. If you are not ready to tell me about your friend, then you are not ready and I fully understand,, you tell him.

He just hums and chuckles a bit. ,,What have I ever done to deserve you?,, he asked in a whisper.

,,I could ask the same thing sometimes,, you reply with a grin.

,,Sometimes?,, you run away laughing calling for Archie to follow you.

,,Well, sometimes you drive me nuts,, you say still giggling and breathing heavily.

,,If you are implying that me making sure you survive everyday life is 'driving you nuts' then I would be very concerned darling,, walking up to you, you couldn't stop giggling for some reason. ,,Especially when it is preventing you from getting another cold,, he gives you your hat that fell off.

,,Ok, you may have a slight point,, you take the hat and put it back on.

,,Only slight?,, he asked with his usual cheeky self.

,,I will roll around in the snow and drag you with me,, you threaten.

,,I love it when you are confidently angry. It is adorable,, you scoff.

,,I am terrifying to some people,, he takes your hand and walk with you up the hill.

,,I do not doubt that you can be terrifying, but you are still amazingly adorable,, not being able to answer to that you just huff and continue to focus on the walk.

Once on top of the Hill it was already a few minutes away from the new year due to the both of you just messing around. ,,Is Archie going to be ok with Fireworks?,, you ask as Voltiaere sets up a pair of chairs given to people who have arrive.

,,She will be fine darling. She oddly loves the Fireworks,, he clarified.

You both sit next to each other as Archie is zooming for a bit. ,,Any new year's resolutions?,, you ask him.

,,One, but I cannot tell you yet. You?,, he asked you.

,,Enjoy life a bit more? I don't know. It's just, ever since a cousin of mine passed my parent have gotten crazier as minutes passed, so I just always hoped time would pass. Now, with Brandon, William and you it is different. I just like it more,, Voltiaere smiles at your little confession.

,,Happy new year darling,, he says smiling.

You look around to see everyone celebrating. ,,Happy new year Voltiaere,, you whisper.

,,Darling?,, he asked, and you hum. ,,I really want to kiss you still,, he said once again.

,,Please do,, he looks at you for a moment longer wanting to confirm that you were sure. You didn't have to wait long after till you felt his lips on yours. His hand was on your cheek as you gripped his jacket. He moved slow, but not to slow and his lips felt amazing. The moment was just perfect. When both of pulled back, you both stared in each other's eyes as he laughed a little through his nose. ,,What?,, you ask feeling your stomach drop a little.

,,Nothing important,, he whispers. ,,Just, the moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?,, you turn your head to look at the moon as you hear him chuckle.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ☃️