Chapter 30

Y/n's pov.:

,,Here you are,, he breathed a sigh of relief. ,,I started to get worried as I couldn't find you,, he closes the door behind him and hands you a cup of tea.

,,Sorry, I just couldn't fall back asleep and the air is just so nice this early in the morning,, you take a sip of the hot beverage, relishing the warm feeling.

,,Well, you're right about that. I thought you weren't a morning person?,, he asked sitting in the rocking chair next to the one you're sitting in.

,,I'm not usually. Like I said, just couldn't sleep,, you say, but then you realise something. ,,I hope I didn't wake you, did I?,, he shakes his head shrugging a bit.

,,I just woke up. Then I realised you were missing and went to look for you. Gran was in the kitchen and told me to take the tee to you out here. She is definitely a morning person,, you can't resist the smile that crept on your face at his comment.

,,I didn't know you could be this cute,, you soon realise and regret your comment when you see the stupid smirk reappear on his face. *Not this discussion again* you mentally groan and just drink your tee.

,,You think I'm cute?,, you decide to not give him the satisfaction of an answer, which turned out to be a mistake. ,,Darling, I would like an answer,, he said appearing in front of you.

You jump a bit, not expecting him, and spill your tee a bit. ,,Jesus Voltiae- Stop that!,, you shout lightly hitting him. ,,You know what, I take everything back! You not nice, cute even charming! You're an egotistical moron that takes joy in the embarrassment of others and-,,

,,Boys,, you both turn to see his grandmother leaning against the doorframe. ,,As much as Voltiaere needs a lecture, I did make breakfast for you both,, you push Voltiaere to head inside. ,,And you boy, stop teasing him to the point of frustration. Just because your Grandad did that, does not mean you have to,, she says as Volt follows you inside.

,,Yes, Gran. Sorry Y/n,, you did a double take wondering if it was actually Voltiaere who had made the apology.

,,If he gives you anymore trouble just let me know,, she says lightly squeezing your cheek as she walks past.

You turn to Voltiaere happy that you're the one smirking. ,,Don't you dare start,, he said and you just shake your head, still smirking. He walks ahead, so you both can eat. ,,Morning,, he says stopping at the door and you soon see his mother and two more people who you don't recognise.

,,Voltiaere! Good to see you son!,, the older of the two said.

,,Father. You would see me more often, if you visited my office during my visits,, Voltiaere commented before turning his sight towards the younger. ,,You good? How was the flight?,, he asked.

,,It was alright. Same old, same old. You want to officially introduce us to your friend,, he says motioning his head towards you.

Voltiaere turns to look at you and then back towards his family. ,,This is Y/n. A good classmate and b-....friend of mine,, you grab his sleeve, begging for the attention to be taken off of you.

*Even I forgot what this felt like. I'm way too comfortable at the school* you unknowingly started picking the skin around your nails.

,,So, you invited your friend to a family Christmas? I don't see how that is appropriate,, his father asked, but his gran lightly hit him. You see Voltiaere's brother rolling his eyes as Voltiaere flexes his jaw.

,,It is appropriate! You hear me? Volt asked me if his friend could join us since he didn't want him to spend Christmas alone and after hearing about everything I decided he is allowed to be here. Now if you start with your bickering this early I won't be very accommodating. Do I make myself clear?,, she asked in a serious tone. Voltiaere's father just agrees and continues to eat what was on his plate. ,,Now, you two stop standing there. The food is getting cold. Sweetheart, would you like more tee?,, she asked you.

,,Please,, you say in a quiet tone. She smiles and makes you a cup. Voltiaere takes your hand from his sleeve and puts it in his dragging you towards the table. To say breakfast was awkward, was a slight understatement. The tension everyone had with each other was a single comment away from exploding. *They seem to keep the peace for Voltiaere, his brother and his gran* you finish what Voltiaere put on your with great difficulty, but you didn't want to start an argument knowing Voltiaere at this point.

Helping to clean up, once finished Voltiaere drags you once again, just upstairs this time. He sits you on the bed and disappears for a moment, before reappearing with a first aid kit. ,,Give me your hands,, he says pulling the desk chair in front of you. You do as he says and he cares for the wounds you've created. ,,I'm sorry I put you in that situation. I didn't think he would arrive early this morning. Normally he appears later in the evening,, he says not being able to look at you.

,,Why are you apologising? You can't control your father and he did have a point. Christmas is supposed to be a family event and I am just....here,, you say and Voltiaere just sighs.

,,I asked you to join me, because....as much as I didn't want you to be alone, I also didn't want to feel alone. Yes, I have my brother and gran, but he is slowly becoming more like father and she can't forever be by my side. My parent....pretend to be civil, but I know even you saw how horrible at faking they are,, he kisses the band aids he put on your fingers. ,,You may not be direct family, but you are a person of comfort for me. I believe that is the point of Christmas, having someone there that brings you comfort,, he packs away the first aid kit and turns back towards you. ,,Next time you feel like picking, just let me know, ok?,, you nod pulling him into a hug, which he gladly accepted. ,,You want to go for a walk? We can take the dog with us,, you pull back confused.

,,What dog?,, you ask.

,,You never noticed Attie?,,