Chapter 3

Y/n's pov.:

,,Get up and get ready! Your teddy bear has to stay in bed,, your comfort is invaded by a wave of coldness as Brandon pulls your duvet off. You whine and try to pull it back, but he throws it across the room. ,,It's six thirty in the morning and our first class starts at ten to eight. You need to get up, look clean, make your bed and have had breakfast,, you sit up and try to open your eyes. He chuckles a bit and hands you a towel. ,,We also need five minutes to go over the rules of this shit hole, otherwise you'll have the ruler against your fingers faster than you can say wait,, you finally open your eyes and he chuckles again. ,,You're not a morning person, are you?,, you shake your head. ,,Don't worry, me neither, but you get used to it,, you sigh and reluctantly get up.

You do all he says, even make your bed for the first time in your life *I hate it here and school hasn't officially begun yet*.

You go out once again to the hall to have breakfast. Breakfast was a bit more relaxed, but students were still lowering their tone. You both fill your plates with breakfast and he gives you a piece of paper ,,These are the ground rules we have. Follow them, then you fly under the radar. Break them and you get punished. Being beat with a ruler or a cane is the standard, but I've heard that there are worse methods,,.

William sits next to Brandon and pushes him slightly, while Mr. Kick me sits next to you. ,,What you two doing?,, William asks.

,,Rules and punishments,, he answers taking a bite of his sandwich.

,,Or you're Mr. Over achiever here and become class president,, William laughs, but you're not really listening.

,,Don't worry about the rules to much. I'm sure you'll be fine,, Brandon said, but you are still focusing on the piece of paper. ,,Y/n?,,.

You finally break your focus and look at him and nod ,,Which one?,,. You look at him sitting next to you confused. ,,Which one is freaking you out?,, you don't really want to answer him, but still show him the sentence at the bottom. ,,Any student who doesn't follow the rules stated will be punished accordingly by the following methods. Like Brandon said, as long as you follow them you should be fine,, he says as he goes back to his food.

*Does that apply to gay students as well?* the bell goes off and everyone gets up for class.

,,Don't forget you need and extra activity,, William said and you just nod.

You look at Brandon and he seems to get the hint. He gets up with you and leads you to your classes. It seemed to be the only somewhat normal thing at this school, with strict teachers of course. Only speak when spoken to. You and Brandon had a free period and, because of the cold weather, were the only ones sat outside. ,,Don't worry about, you know. I'm sure you'll be fine,,.

He tries to say, but doesn't even sound convincing. ,,Will I be in pain at conversion therapy?,, you ask him.

,,He has a voice!?,, you roll your eyes and was about to walk away, but he stops you. ,,I'm joking. That's the first sentence I've heard from you since I met you. I didn't expect you to have such a low voice,, you sit back on the bench. ,,As for conversion therapy, I'm sorry but I can't say. They change or come up with new methods ever school year.,, you sigh and try to go back to your book, but your leg is shaking too much. ,,Hey, I'm sure you'll be fine. If you want I can ask Voltiaere-/,, you shake your head and this time successfully get up and leave.

--------------------------------------------------

You push your food towards Brandon and William once again not having the stomach to eat, but it appears in front of you again. You look to see Voltiaere not bothered about anything. You push it away again, but he doesn't let William take anything. ,,You didn't eat properly yesterday, didn't touch your food this morning and I doubt you had lunch. So, what is it? Nerves? Anxiety? Eating disorder?,, he asks.

,,Voltiaere!,, Brandon whispered trying to reprimand him, but he just shrugs it off as if it were nothing.

You get up and start leaving the hall. ,,Is there a problem Mr. Blue?,, the vicar asked, but you just keep walking. ,,Mr. Blue if you leave this hall it will be the cane!,, you stop dead in your tracks after hearing the familiar tone. ,,My office, now!,,.

--------------------------------------------------
Brandon's pov.:

,,What was that just now!?,, you ask him as soon as you saw Y/n disappear with the vicar.

,,I just ask him a question,, you could explode right now if it weren't for the teacher still being there.

,,The last time I checked, asking someone you barely know if there is something wrong with their mental health wasn't just a question!,, he seemed to ignore you. ,,What you got with him, huh!? What's he done to you in the 24hr where you've seen him what!? Twice!?,, you voice got a bit too loud.

,,Mr. The Lover, I hope your roommate isn't sharing his defiant tendencies with you?,, you sigh at your mistake.

,,No Mrs. Bennett. I apologise, it won't happened again,, she just hums and goes back to her food. You lower your voice back to a whisper. ,,I don't know what it is and to be honest I don't-......Oh my lord, you sick-/,, William shushed you before you can get too loud again. ,,You want him to break early, don't you?,, he sighs as he wipes his mouth with his napkin.

,,Better from us, so the teacher can't hit him as hard,, you were close to punching him.

,,O- Ok, maybe you two should chill it for a bit. Voltiaere what you're doing is not right and you know it. Brandon, we've seen 'em come and go, he might not be any different,, William said trying to defuse the situation.

Everyone was bringing their plates away and you notice the teachers left ,,No he might not be, but if he continues like this, then he might be a part of the very few that never leave,, you get up and leave them. You walk out of the hall and straight to your dorm, not wanting to spend any time with them today. As soon as you walk in you hear it. You look around and find him in the spot in between the wall and his closet. He was sniffling and clutching his stuffed bear. You crouch down in front of him. ,,Where? Show me,, you say. It takes a bit, but he pulls out his hands that are red and bloodied. You get the first aid kit out of the bathroom and treat his hands. ,,I'm sorry. I knew he'd maybe be a bit much for you, but I didn't know he would ask that. It's none of our business,, he flinched a bit because of the alcohol.

,,I don't make myself throw up, but when new things like this happen I just can't eat,, he says.

,,I know, I'm not judging. I get it. I'm going to get you some ice and I'll help you with notes tomorrow. I'll be right back,, you put the first aid kit away and head out to the kitchen. Though, you first make a detour to your friends' room. William jumps and your sudden intrusion and you turn to Voltiaere who was doing Homework. ,,If the next words you say to him are not 'I'm sorry' or any other form of apology, I'm beating you just as black and blue as his hands will be. I don't care if you're my friend or the vicar's nephew,, you turn to leave.

,,You know as well, don't you?,, he asked.

,,It was one of the first things I realised,, you leave to get the ice for him.

,,Brandon,, you turn annoyed, but see Voltiaere holding two iced gel packs. ,,I got them for Y/n just now, so they are still cold,,.

You scoff and take them from him. ,,This doesn't excuse anything,, you head back to your dorm. Once you enter you find him where you left him and crouch back down to ice his hands. You hope that it won't be as bad as it looks.